Weird directions buttons on MMS image, text missing
tomvn

I'm having a problem where the image part of an MMS message displays in Message+, but with strange buttons at the bottom: "DIRECTIONS", "SHARE MY LOCATION" AND "REQUEST LOCATION". At the top it also says "ETA: 0 Min". The text part of the message doesn't display at all. What causes this strange behavior and how can this be prevented?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weird directions buttons on MMS image, text missing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tomvn, I am sorry to hear you are having a problem where strange buttons are showing up at the bottom image part of an MMS message. I am here to get to the bottom of this. What make and model device are you having issues with? Do you recall anything happening with your device leading up to this issue? If so please explain.

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tomvn

I have a Pixel 2. My company sends out automated text messages and I started receiving complaints about them not displaying properly. Some research revealed that only Verizon phones were affected. I don't use Verizon myself, but after I installed the Message+ app, the same happened on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details, tomvn. Our goal is to make sure that your Verizon Message Plus is working as intended so I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please follow the link and let me know if you see the same options in regards to your location while using this application https://vz.to/1m4FfTm

Also, if you could share a screenshot of the icons you see, it will greatly help us to assist. In the meantime, you may also visit our support page at https://vz.to/2lo34aM

Carmen_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tomvn

Here's what it looks like: As you can see, no text message is visible, only the image and the confusing buttons. I believe this bug in your app is triggered by the presence of line breaks in the text message, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Screenshot (Sep 4, 2018 5_51_38 PM).png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the visual, tomvn. We are glad to further assist with the issue that you're experiencing in the Message + app. I understand that you do not have Verizon service. So we can further assist, please reach out to our app developers here: http://bit.ly/2tE3jEJ . You will find a direct email in the Developer section. You may also access this information from The Message + app in the Google Play Store on your device.

Lauren_VZW

0 Likes