Voice Mail
M1

How do I keep calls from going to Voice Mail when the Phone is turned off or out of range?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
As far as I know, the only way would be to deactivate voicemail, and then the caller would just get endless ringing. Do you use voicemail when you are in range of a signal?
0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
You can also set up call forwarding to another phone line. When you want to set it up dial to *72+phone number for immediate, and *71+phone number for noanswer/voicemail call forwarding. You can dial to *73 to cancel it out.
0 Likes
M1

The problem is that my home phone has simultaneous ring. The first phone that answers gets the call. With the cellphone immediately going to voice mail no other phone gets the call. How do you talk to a real live person in this company?

0 Likes
VZWGuru
Contributor - Level 1

You can't really make your calls not go to voicemail on specific types of calls, including if the phone is turned off. The only way it can happen is if you completely remove the voicemail feature but I doubt that's your goal. There is the option of call forwarding in the instance that you don't answer when someone calls or you're on your phone. You can turn that on my dialing *72 + the number you want to forward calls to + SEND.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

M1 wrote:

The problem is that my home phone has simultaneous ring. The first phone that answers gets the call. With the cellphone immediately going to voice mail no other phone gets the call. How do you talk to a real live person in this company?

To talk with a "Real Live Person" please call *611.  We are just humble customers trying to help.

0 Likes
voicemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do i remove the voice mail feature? iphone 4s. ken

novoicemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes yes please. How do I make the voice mail stop?