Verizon’s Blocking Services NOT Working - Please Help!
jdponds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I accidentally posted this in the wrong location, and it won’t let me delete the other post, but alas...

I have been getting random spam text messages every few days like clockwork, and I am at my wits end. This started randomly out of the blue, and they always come from a different (probably randomly generated) gmail account, so blocking one specific email address wouldn’t help.

The issue is, I know HOW I would go about blocking a domain (www.gmail.com), but when I go to “My Verizon” and into “Blocks” and “Block emails and Domains,” when I put in the domain “www.gmail.com” (or any other domain, because I’ve tried several others) I get an error message that says “We are unable to block www.gmail.comon this device(s):“...I called a Verizon agent and she checked my account and said that I SHOULD be able to use this feature, but no matter what I try, I can’t get it to work. I also tried to select “block all text messages sent from email,” but that wouldn’t go through/save either. Therefore, I am currently stuck getting these almost daily spam emails...Someone please help!

Re: Verizon’s Blocking Services NOT Working - Please Help!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your original discussion was in the appropriate place. This is now a duplicate post. See my response to your other discussion. 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/Verizon-s-Blocking-Services-NOT-Working/m-p/1159...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes