Re: Verizon messages error
Bryantks4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue since last week as well. I happened to google "check access.do" and this forum popped up. I've kept up with it since, coming back a couple of times each day. I am disappointed that nothing is being fixed. The last comment, someone suggested doing it on your phone by going to vtext.com, I did that and have the same checkAccess.do error pop up. Can someone please get this fixed?? When I saw that it is still happening, I called Verizon and they seem to not have a clue as to what I was talking about; despite someone previously calling and them saying a ticket was made for the engineer.

pcervant
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's taking Verizon so long to fix this?? Been few weeks already.

EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

It’s frustrating when you are having the same issues as others and it’s a must for you to rely upon your device, Courage17. Let me lead you to a resolution using messaging . What’s the make and model of your device? When did this issue start happening? Here’s a link to a great free app called “Verizon Messages”  http://vz.to/1m4FfTm . The information presented shows how to use it on your desktop as well as your device.

Thank you,

Ed W

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ed,

I am sorry you are mistaken about my device dependence and my use case.  This is not a device issue.  This is a My Verizon web site issue, at a minimum.  I have no problem using the Verizon Message app on my smart phone (Android-based).  I downloaded it at VZW Jennifer's suggestion this morning and it works fine.  Yippee.  I also went to the vtext.com web site as suggested by more than one person and got the same bouncing "checkAccess.do" file dropping into my downloads folder.  This was from my desktop.  VZW Jennifer has the snapshot of this file and its contents. 

Now when I go to the vtext.com web site on my smart phone, I get to the "Send a Message" stuff just fine for some reason.  This seems to be a good workaround for smart phone access to this functionality, as is the Verizon Message app for my smart phone.  I really don't care about that, though, as I want the functionality from my desktop using Firefox or Safari and I don't have that capability anymore, as of November 8th.  Are you guys getting this?

I also have the My Verizon app on my smart phone and that works great.  However, there is no "Send Message" capability that I have been able to locate in the My Verizon app and I can't find it on my smart phone in either Firefox or Chrome if I go to the VZW site and log in.  The "My Plans and Services" area does not include "Send Message" when I use the My Verizon app, Firefox or Chrome (all on my browser).

Most of my VZW messaging is via my desktop computer using the Send Message option under My Plans and Services after logging in to My Verizon.  I do sometimes use the Message+ application, which is integrated with my cell phone.  I don't have any problems with Message+

I can no longer use Firefox or Safari on my desktop computer to successfully use "Send Message" after logging in to My Verizon and selecting "My Plans and Services".  Chrome and Opera both work as backups but there is clearly a problem you guys haven't figured out, and I feel the focus needs to stop being on individual issues, as this started happening to all of us on or about November 8th.  I would wager there are 100 other folks for each one of us, and these folks are satisfied enough with the workarounds they have.

To summarize, I have workarounds for my desktop (Chrome and Opera).  I can also go to vtext.com on my smart phone via Firefox/Chrome and get to the Send Message area.  I can also use the Verizon Message app on my smart phone.

I would suggest to the group that the Verizon Message+ app on Mac OS X Sierra (and probably available via the app store for iPad) may be a reasonable workaround to the troublesome "Send Message" feature in our web browsers on the My Verizon site.  I don't use it a whole lot, but it's always reliable.  Give it a look-see and let us know about your experience with it!  It gets integrated with your phone as part of the install.

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, all, look for the VZW "Message+" app in the app store.  I'm sorry I just mentioned Mac OS X and iPads (IOS), but I'm sure it's available for Android-based tablets as well.  Maybe even for Windows-based tablets?  This app may be a good workaround.

0 Likes
Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

To Gafzini:

There is no readily apparent "Submit Feedback" capability available after a successful entry into the "Send a Message" functionality.  I just did this via my Google Chrome browser.  Please join the thread and give us the step-by-step to locate this functionality from the "Send a Message" area of the My Verizon web site pages.  The only remotely close feature is the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page, and this is not specific to "Send a Message".

To everyone else:

I can't click on anything in Gafzini's email to connect to him/her.  Neither hyperlink worked to connect to him/her or to the message as part of the full discussion, so here it is for all to see.

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those of you who rely on the Verizon Message app on your phone, there may be no solace here, but the navigation to vtext.com in my Firefox and Chrome browsers on my phone did work for me (as I stated above) if you haven't tried that yet.  As I also stated above earlier, the Verizon Message app works perfectly for me on my Droid Mini.

Hopefully the bug will be figured out.  It's odd that Firefox on my work desktop works fine when I log in to My Verizon and go to "Send a Message", but it's Firefox version 45 dot something, a different version from what's on my iMac (which does not work, of course), and a different OS platform as well (Windows).

KCC35
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have called Verizon twice since Nov 8, and I have logged in through Explorer to "submit feedback" in the web app twice the last two days.  Yes, my work computer works, but I don't really want to check my web messages on my work computer.  In addition, the weekend is here, and I would like to check my messages online.  When I spoke with a Verizon technical representative, she said it may take up to 96 hours for a fix, but it has been longer than 96 hours.  Does anyone else have any information?  I do not wish to download any additional apps.  Regardless of the reason for not downloading additional apps (someone mentioned a broken phone and someone else mentioned no cell service/having to use someone else's computer or iPad), the web messages issue should've already been addressed and fixed.  Someone changed something at some point, and there needs to be a resolution.  We should not have to search for other ways or download additional apps.  As customers, how can we get this particular issue fixed?  I have called, I have submitted feedback, and I have posted here.  I am wondering if this issue isn't being addressed seriously, and I am beyond frustrated. 

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got a direct message from Jennifer of VZW and it appears that I can now access the Send Message feature from Firefox and Safari on my iMac desktop.  Yay!  Hopefully it is now working for all of the rest of you?

[Removed]

direct message removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Gafzini
Enthusiast - Level 2

This should be resolved now. It's working for me on Apple devices.

web VMA on Apple devices.jpg

0 Likes