Re: Verizon messages error
Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, but why would you message from your phone via the VZW web site and the "Send Message" functionality?  Why wouldn't you just use messaging on the phone?  I ask this because I logged into the VZW site on my phone and couldn't even find the "Send Message" functionality underneath "My Plans and Services".  Where would I find this on my phone after using Firefox to log in to the VZW site?  It seems like it would be easier to use the native messaging feature on the phone, but I'm not a big Web surfer on my phone so I will submit to the majority here.  I'm guessing many of you are having trouble using the "Send Message" feature on your phones no matter what browser.

Please let me know where I would find this via my phone, 'cause it sure ain't under "My Plans and Services" the way it is on my desktop after a successful login to the VZW site.

0 Likes
CHRYOU9
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen on my son's phone is cracked so he is trying to use it through his ipad.  He cannot use it through the app bc the app wants to send a message to the phone in which he would not be able to read. That being said, he and I have both tried to access it on our apple devices through the web app without success.  We have tried this through safari and chrome.  I am, however, able to access it from my computer through chrome but not every time.

Your original post was helpful.  I do believe this is something with verizon vs browsers just bc everyone began having this problem at the same time.    

jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate all your efforts, CHRYOU9. For the account’s security, that text verification to use the integrated messaging is a requirement, so we may be at a standstill with alternate options on your son’s line until we can get his phone repaired or replaced. What model phone does he have? Do you happen to have insurance www.phoneclaim.com/verizon ? I’m digging a bit deeper into what’s causing the error too. To clarify, do you get the same error when trying to log into a working phone’s Verizon Messages account while in Chrome? What model phone do you have that you’re trying to remotely access?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KCC35
Enthusiast - Level 3

JenniferH:

I am having the same issue on Safari on an iPad (tries to open in DropBox with an access.do error), but I can log in without errors on my desktop at work using Explorer.  This is a major inconvenience after work and on weekends.  I have an older phone, so I use web messaging to view messages my cell phone won't allow me to view.  I like the ability to check messages on the web using any device.  I have zero interest in downloading another app to a device.  The issue began on Tuesday, November 8.  I called technical support last week, but they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned integrated web messaging.  Please see to it that a fix happens in the very near future.  A week is too long to be inconvenienced.  I have been a customer for almost 20 years without any missed or late payments. 

JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Being able to view your messages is definitely important Bud2407. Text messaging is my main means of staying connected with family and friends, so I completely understand the importance of having it work properly.

Just to be clear, are you unable to view any of your messages when using Verizon Messages Verizon Messages FAQs | Verizon Wireless on your phone or computer? How long has this been happening? You mentioned your friend was able to log in and view your messages. How did he log in? Did you try logging in using the same method your friend did?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHRYOU9
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have apple products.  I understand the reasoning behind it being able to send a text to confirm the number.  Repairing or replacing the phone is not an option right now.  I do not have insurance, but all of this is irrelevant to the issue at hand.  I have tried to log in to the web app from a working phone and receive the same message.  I have tried through an ipad as well.  I have downloaded different browsers to see if the browser is the issue, but all attempts receive the same message.  The desktop computer works, but a desktop is not mobile, thus the reason for this thread.  @jenniferh_vzw The issue at hand is being experienced by more than just myself. Whether it is a mobile device or an ipad or tablet, the web app is not loading and instead popping up checkaccess.do.  It is my understanding a "ticket" has been created.  I am not sure what this means, but I am interested in knowing what verizon is doing to resolve this issue.  It is a great inconvenience with the instant world we live in today. 

PEPINO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The issue is that this worked for many of us up until last week and then just stopped. Now we cannot access what/how we want. We are all trying to find ways to fix it ourselves such as downloading new browswers such as Firefox or chrome, but what is Verizon doing to fix it? It has been over a week and we have not heard that Verizon is even aware of the problem, much less what is being done to fix it. Only that there is a ticket?? This is a big inconvenience for many of us and I personally agree with CHRYOU9 that in our instant world a week is too long to have to be inconvenienced.

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

I echo the sentiments and frustrations, though on my desktop, I have Chrome and Opera that work fine.  I don't use the Send Message capability on my smart phone, but only because I am not a big user of it for stuff like this.  Can someone lead me to the "Send Message" functionality on my Android smart phone?  Is it supposed to be in the same place after a Firefox login, for instance?  I couldn't find it.  Or is there some VZW app through which all of you are trying to use the Send Message functionality?

This problem would be more urgent for me if I relied on it working on my Android device, but I don't know how to see if it works or not on it.  Somebody please hold my hand on this and tell me how to find it!  Thanks.

KERFIS47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem since the 8th as well. I have been using this service for years with no issue until now. I cannot log into Verizon messages from my mac computer or my iPhone. I tried downloading different browsers but still gives me the "checkaccess.do" error after logging in. My parents house gets no phone service so I rely on wifi & logging on to vtext.com to check my messages. Please fix this soon!!!!

KERFIS47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Courage17,

Go to your browser and type "vtext.com" to get there from your phone. i don't think the option to "send a message" pops up via mobile.