Re: Verizon messages error
Bud2407
Enthusiast - Level 2

By worked I mean they were able to access my messages.  I still am not able to access them

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I'm heartened to see that I'm not the only one having this issue!  Here's something interesting, though.  I have no problem accessing my "Send Messages" feature from Firefox or Internet explorer on my desktop at work, but cannot get Firefox or Safari to work at home, and the problem at home started about November 8th, I would say. 

It does still work with Google's Chrome browser, as well as the Opera browser, for me at home, so please try Google Chrome and/or Opera and post your results to this thread.

I'm a Senior Software Engineer, Web App developer and Web site administrator and am used to figuring out stuff like this for my customers.  My gut tells me it's a browser issue, but if we all started having problems around the same time, that doesn't quite make sense. 

I'll see if there's some Firefox or Safari setting I can wrangle to get this to work at home.  Not sure why my Firefox at work is working, but not my Firefox at home (maybe a plug-in or compatibility/version issue).  My Firefox at work is version 45.4.0 and my Firefox at home is version 49.0.2, so this is worth exploring.

I will sink my teeth into this today.  I can't find an email address on the site for issues like this, but I did find a mailing address.  If I don't feel I'm chatting/emailing with the right support people, I will export this issue thread and mail it to VZW Internet Operations (ugh!).  More to come, fellow message's!

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Roseanne,

Please see my post from today (11/13).  This appears to have started for many people around the November 8th timeframe.  I can get the Send Message page to come up on my Chrome and Opera browsers at home, but not with Firefox version 49 or Safari (Mac OS X Sierra).  At work, Firefox version 45 and Internet Explorer both work fine for me.

I would say it's probably a browser version issue and will explore more.  Please have your folks focus on older versions of Firefox as well as Safari under the initial Mac OS X Sierra release.  Safari was working under Mac OS X Sierra until about 4 or 5 days ago.  Same with Firefox.  It was working until about 4 or 5 days ago.

This should have been fixed more quickly than this, quite honestly.  Or at least properly troubleshooted and diagnosed with an exact issue.

amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to take a closer look into this issue and have a ticket created to help expedite a resolution, Pcervant. Please reach out to us directly in one of the ways listed on this site: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ We look forward to further assisting.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

iphone4smith
Enthusiast - Level 1

hey i'm having the same issue just got off the phone with verizon spoke with customer service they are creating a ticket for a engineer to take a look at the issue

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

To everyone having this issue on their phone and/or desktop:  Please try Chrome or Opera on your desktops/tablets/IOS/Android devices.  These browsers may be a workaround.  If you've got a Windows-based device, IE should work. It works for me on my Windows desktop at work.  Chrome and Opera work for me at home.  I feel I've got a workaround that buys VZW some time to fix it.  If neither Chrome, Opera nor IE work for you, please let this thread know.  I have a feeling that older versions of Firefox and Safari would work, but I'm having a little trouble locating downloads for earlier versions of these products.

Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yay?

0 Likes
Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amber,

Thanks on behalf of the growing group.

0 Likes
Courage17
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amber,

With further thought on your response to pcervant, I don't think you should be trying to take this issue down a separate rabbit hole as if it's an issue isolated to pcervant.  Whatever is wrong is affecting multiple people, including myself.  It would be nice to see progress towards a resolution posted on this thread for all of us.  The ticket engineer should consider this thread the "ticket" and should keep us all posted here -- why not?  We shouldn't all have to submit tickets to you folks.

PEPINO313
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked on Firefox on my desktop, but I still cannot get it to work on my phone. I downloaded Firefox, chrome and opera and none of them work.