Verizon message + app messages and text messages
Jess2895

I have the message + app on my phone. I am in group chats. Every time someone responds in the group chat I get a notification on my phone from the app and I also receive a text message. Is there any way to stop the text message portion and just use the messenger app to get the notifications for the groups? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon message + app messages and text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jess2895

I truly understand your concern as I too am in a large group that is very active so I will constantly receive notifications. You do have the option to mute the conversations so the notifications will stop https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218806/. Now just in case I did not address that correctly, are you asking to be notified when someone sends a message in the group but you don’t want the text message itself? If so, there is not an option for that as they are not able to be separated like that, you will not receive a notification without the text (which triggers the notification). Please clarify if that addressed your question.

EdwardL_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jess2895 wrote:

I have the message + app on my phone. I am in group chats. Every time someone responds in the group chat I get a notification on my phone from the app and I also receive a text message. Is there any way to stop the text message portion and just use the messenger app to get the notifications for the groups? 

What make/model phone do you have?  Users with the same make/model might have some input.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jess2895

I truly understand your concern as I too am in a large group that is very active so I will constantly receive notifications. You do have the option to mute the conversations so the notifications will stop https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218806/. Now just in case I did not address that correctly, are you asking to be notified when someone sends a message in the group but you don’t want the text message itself? If so, there is not an option for that as they are not able to be separated like that, you will not receive a notification without the text (which triggers the notification). Please clarify if that addressed your question.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
Jess2895

Okay this is what I wanted to know. I will mute the conversation so I don’t get both notifications at the same time. Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad this information is helpful, Jess2895. Do you have any other questions for us to address today?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We're glad this information is helpful, Jess2895. Do you have any other questions for us to address today?

LynnE_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @lynne_vzw  Since this OP's question was ANSWERED, why not LOCK this thread so any new issues are addressed in a NEW thread?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Renee41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a manager with a different Samsung I’m an apple so because he’s manager he sighned me up for text Verizon messaging for my number so he can see my text how can I reverse or get it off totally 

0 Likes
Renee41
Enthusiast - Level 2

It can’t be muted it’s written texts, every word and number is on there how can I just disable Verizon messaging text 

0 Likes