Verizon message app doesnt work on my kindle fire
dharris47
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why doesn't the app work on my kindle fire. It used to work on my old kindle. I bought the new kindle in April and it has never worked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon message app doesnt work on my kindle fire
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What part doesn't work? Can you sync your messages from the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dharris47
Enthusiast - Level 2

It works fine on my phone. When I try to install the app on my kindle it says it can't communicate. I can enter my cell phone number but that is far as I get.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It seems you're not alone; others are encountering issues with installing it on their Kindles, i.e.,

Amazon.com: Verizon Messages: Appstore for Android

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to see you are interested in using Verizon Messages on your Kindle Fire, DHARRIS4. While the application is not available for the Kindle, you can still access Verizon Messages right from your browser. http://vz.to/1ff8o9x

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dharris47-
I can definitely understand your concern when it comes to the Verizon Messaging not working on your Kindle. The messaging app will not work because there is no cellular network connection on the device. The reason that it is working on the phone is because you are connected to Verizon Wireless towers. If you are on your computer it will work through the browser there. http://vz.to/1ff8o9x This link will show you how to download it from your desktop computer. I hope this helps.

Jennifer_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bmallabon1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon Customer Support

I have 2 identical Fire 10. The one that I bought and set up in January works perfectly with the Verizon Message App. The one I bought in September has the same problem as seen by other users in that it will not send the code to the phone. The only difference is when I install the app. The app also worked on two previous Fire 7 that we had, CONCLUSION: it would appear that Verizon, for some reason, between January and September, broke the app for Fire users.  The reason that there is no cell connection does not make sense since the app is does work on tablets without cell connections.

I have also tried installing the app from the Google store which is a newer version. That DOES send the message to the phone but it is sending a QR code. However, for some reason, the Messaging App will not read the QR code. A separate QR app does read the code without issue so the problem does not appear to be the Fire but the Message+ app.

Using a web browser to view messages on a tablet is not a reasonable solution as it is a not as convenient and loses a lot of features such as notifications.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmallabon1976, I'm sorry you're having trouble using Verizon Messages on your Kindle. I apologize for the confusion earlier, related to needing a data connection for the messenger to work. As long as you've set up VZ Messages on your smartphone, you can then use it with the app on other tablets.

The first thing we would want to check is to make sure the Fire 10 is up to date. After you've done that (and install any needed updates), please uninstall the VZ Message app on the Fire 10 that's been having trouble. Also, please make sure your VZ Message app is up to date on your smartphone as well.

Finally, when you install the app, please make sure to agree to any permissions for the VZ Messaging app. This will allow it to access things like the camera on the tablet so it can use the QR Code. Please check those updates, then try and set up the VZ Messages app on your Fire 10 again.

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. I had a Kindle Fire HD 10 that I bought in July. I configured it to be able to get the Google Play store. I downloaded Verizon messages and it worked great. Two weeks ago there was a problem with my Fire HD and I sent it back for warranty service. Amazon sent me a brand new one. I did all the steps necessary for me to get Google Play store again. The first app I got was Verizon messages. When setting it up for the first time it sent a QR code to my Samsung S9 phone. You can scan this code until the cows come home and the new Fire HD 10 will not read it. I tried it from many different distances and angles. The red line from the scanner moves up and down but nothing happens. I was on chat with a Verizon tech person who had me try a bunch of things but nothing worked. That person gave me a number for a level 2 tech but I haven't had a chance to call yet. I don't have a good feeling that even they will be able to resolve the issue so I think if you have a newer Fire HD like me we are out of luck with no real explanation.

tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will do that. Still does not solve the issue that the QR code sent to my phone can't be read by my Fire HD. Unfortunately the Verizon Message app doesn't allow any other way to complete the installation. If there was some way to type in the character sequence