Verizon Messenger+ for Windows 10
Mickeyess
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just completed a Windows 10 Pro clean re-install on my desktop and cannot find Verizon Messenger+ download / install on the Microsoft App Store or Verizon web site. Has this app been discontinued for Windows? 

Re: Verizon Messenger+ for Windows 10
Mickeyess
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution on another thread posted by dstrouse. I found that his solution worked very well, albeit not well articulated and difficult to follow. After thrashing around for a while, I succeeded.

• Start this process on a system where Verizon Messenger+ is already installed. I have 4 such systems which are networked so this was easy.
  • Select the Start button using the left mouse button.
  • Scroll down the list of applications until you find the icon for Verizon Messenger+.
  • Right click the Verizon Messenger+ icon.
  • Select More.
  • Select Share from the pop-up menu.
  • This will open the Microsoft Store and a window labeled Share will pop-up. Select the escape key to close the Share pop-up.
  • The Microsoft Store now displays Verizon Messages with 3 dots (…) in the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Select the 3 dots (…)
  • Select Install on My Devices
  • Select the device you want to install Verizon Messenger+ on.
  • Go to your device and launch Verizon Messenger+. Your system will now synch with your other Verizon Messenger+ devices.

I want to thank dstrouse for finding this solution and give Verizon the raspberries for another customer service mess up.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Mickeyess wrote:

I have just completed a Windows 10 Pro clean re-install on my desktop and cannot find Verizon Messenger+ download / install on the Microsoft App Store or Verizon web site. Has this app been discontinued for Windows? 

Verizon Message+ Win10 desktop app has had sync issues for the past year (many threads discussing).  After many complaints, threads and posts, they removed the app from the Windows Store for download using normal procedures, with the reason being 'Verizon Message+ desktop app is not compatible with Windows 10'.  Not sure how the found solution gets around the app removal.  Verizon agents are referring customers to the web access thru a browser for integrated messaging.  There are still sync issues even with the web access method.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble when attempting to get the app again. please try this link. http://spr.ly/66041tyxi Does that help? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble when attempting to get the app again. please try this link. http://spr.ly/66041tyxi Does that help? VanetrisC_VZW

@vzw_customer_support , @vanetrisc_vzw   Have you actually tried the instructions in that link yourself?   Has the Windows 10 Message+ desktop app been fixed and restored to the Windows Store?  Not.

EMH168
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't we get a straight answer from Verizon on the state of their Messenger+ for Windows 10? Even a statement regarding incompatibility would be helpful instead of technical support providing users with useless solutions that waste our time! 

rdp55
Enthusiast - Level 1

Message+ is NOT on Microsoft store?   😡 why?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@rdp55 wrote:

Message+ is NOT on Microsoft store?   😡 why?

If you'd read thru the posts in this and other related threads, you'd have found that there were 'syncing' issues with Message+.  It happened on the web browser access, the Windows 10 desktop version and on mobile apps.  With no resolution, the Windows 10 desktop app was REMOVED from the Microsoft store with the reason 'the app is incompatible with Windows 10'.  It however DOES work, although some sporadic messages (unknown specifics) don't get sync'ed.  The newest version (removed from MS store) v2.0.2.0 was not a downloaded install file that could be saved, but the older version (also works) v1.0.17.0 was an install .exe file that was saved.  You can download it here to try: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want to clear up your options for using Message+, rdp55. Message+ is not available in the Microsoft Store at the time of this writing. If the desktop version of the app is not compatible with your version of Windows, you may consider the web app. To use the web app, go here: https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/ and select "Go to the web app". Does this help out? Did you have any other questions? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Pete_Mc
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support 

I know they've pulled the Windows version of Message+ and I also am aware of the web option to send and receive texts - which ALMOST works...

If they're not working on an actual replacement for the Windows App, which seems like the case, can you please pass on that if they just spent a little time and created a little App that took you to the Web Link for VZW Message+ and had a little more functionality that would be GREAT.

Just being able to cleanly and simple receive and send texts from the desktop is all people really want.  You do not have to build a Win10 compatible App, just create a better web page for Message+ that does not have all the other typical VZ website links and page size.  Simple little clean webpage in a wrapper with some more functionality for the Address Book and for pulling up old text threads.

Thx