Verizon Messages won't scan QR code for Authorization
oywhythis

Verizon Messages requires permission for camera to scan QR code for authorization on my chromebook. I "allow" this as requested but then the camera square is just black...can't scan code.

Checked and camera on Chromebook is functioning properly. Have attempted many times, removed, reinstalled. No dice.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages won't scan QR code for Authorization
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@oywhythis wrote:

Verizon Messages requires permission for camera to scan QR code for authorization on my chromebook. I "allow" this as requested but then the camera square is just black...can't scan code.

Checked and camera on Chromebook is functioning properly. Have attempted many times, removed, reinstalled. No dice.

Have you tried switching cameras, if you have two cameras on your Chromebook?  Another poster with similar issue was successful in using the other camera.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
rfd177
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you get this to work? 

you give permissions but the camera doesn't operate. 

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  I switch cameras.  Permission granted for camera access to messages+......neither camera will activate

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying, Sausage1. Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app to see if this will allow the camera to recognize the QR code? 

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only about 15 times.  

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue is that the app is NOT turning on either camera.  It asks for permission, permission is granted and the scan window shows up with the screen black and neither camera is turned on

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app for the umpteenth time, went through granting permissions and this is what I get:

20200818_175759 (1).jpg

0 Likes
Sausage1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon, answer the questions, reply, tell me that the app won't work with Chromebook...something...just don't drop off, quit answering and ignore the issue.  LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE to do that.  It makes this forum useless

0 Likes