Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,728 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Re: Verizon Messages+ crashes every time I select attach.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garbur40, I do apologize the first private message was not received. I sent another private message so we can get to a prompt resolution. We appreciate your patience with us on this matter.

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rmcfadden10
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Google Photos is having issues uploading from my V20. Started Saturday. Also cant post pictures on Facebook as it shows I dont have any pictures on my phone .Can't attach pictures in text messages using message+  really annoying because I've checked every setting, reset, deleted apps, deleted pics.

GARBUR40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't use Google Photos, instead I have Gallery & it has the same exact

issue! Spent 9 hrs today on the phone with LG, Google, & Verizon! The issue

with the 'crashes', so to speak with FB & Message+ did not get

resolved...But, there is an alternative for now until the last Update mess

up is fixed!  Since you have LG v20, look in the LG app album and find the

orange colored 'Messaging' app and make it your default Text Message app!

All your messages from Message+ will show up in it! Just tap that app, it

will ask if you want this yo be the default message app, tell it yes! It

will work great with your photos, then.  As for Facebook, go to the Play

Store and search for Facebook, as there is another one in there, 'Facebook

Lite'. It is like the old version of FB, the icon will be a white

background with a blue F in it...install this version and run it! This

version will also recognize your Photos & can upload within FB!  No need to

uninstall the new version, just tap and this old version and it works

fine!  Then wait until they have another Android Update, and maybe they'll

correct the bug in the last update.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far my best workaround has been to load photos in the Gallery app and use the share button to send it to another app (Message+, FB, etc), which only occasionally crashes. The same works for Google Drive and Dropbox. This means that using a photo as a response to a FB or Twitter post isn't possible, but it does allow photos to be used for original posts. Better than nothing for now.

Because the built-in message app is SLOW to use (very, very slow: I look at blank "loading" screens continually and for several seconds (up to a minute) at a time) it is largely useless for quick communications. So I continue to use Message+, which is quick(ish) and still shows attachments. That slow built-in app is why I went to Message+ in the first place. Plus Message+ can be synched across devices allowing me to use my desktop or tablet in tandem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to send those important pictures when needed, mowgli122692. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. What model is your phone? Are the Message+, Instagram and Facebook apps running the latest versions as found in the Play Store or App Store? Yale_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updating your device to the latest software, and knowing when this will be available is essential, and we are here to help. To better assist you, please tell us more. What is your phone's make and model?

Monica_VZW

0 Likes
GARBUR40
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a

LG V20.

Had new update yesterday on Message+, didn't crash when accessing Gallery,

shows pics in Gallery, but after attaching a picture I can't see it in the

text! App is still messed up with the exception of not crashing!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ditto here. The Message+ app has stopped crashing and will usually pull up my gallery and so forth for posting. It sometimes does that in odd ways, with the photos in an odd order (rather than "most recent"). Still cannot access the gallery from Instagram, FB, and others.

0 Likes
GARBUR40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here on the other apps. Of course this was an update from Verizon's

app, Message+...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rmcfadden10, thank you for reaching out to us. We went to ensure this issue get resolved as soon as possible, so you can fully enjoy your device. Can you list what steps you have already taken to attempt to correct this issue?

0 Likes