Re: Verizon Messages+ crashes every time I select attach.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AARTUR48

All I do is message. If my text messaging didn’t work, I may as well have no phone. I understand how important this is to you. I’ll be more than happy to assist you. When did this issues start for you? Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this happens? Are you able to receive picture messages with Messages +? Are you able to add attachments using any other messaging application?

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue started the night before I found this post and responded to it. So that's about two days now. It doesn't seem to matter what network I'm on, whether it's my in-home or public WiFi or the Verizon network. I can receive picture messages and can even send them if I use the in-gallery "share" option and select "Message+" but cannot attach directly from Message+. Basically whenever I press the "attach" button (the big +) the app crashes. In Facebook, Instagram, and other apps when I attempt to post a photo via the camera button or + button in those apps, they show a blank area where the gallery would usually be shown and a symbol saying there is nothing on the phone.

Because this seems to be universal to the phone rather than app-specific, I'm making the guess that it's related to the latest Android update (which went live a few days ago) and the file system itself, not the Message+ app in particular. The standard built-in messaging app on the phone will work, but runs very slowly when I attempt to attach anything and does not show access to "sent-received" photos/images, only to things saved on my phone or its SD card.

0 Likes
albertor_vzw
Verizon Employee

I depend on my messaging service to work right Smithersss. We are here to help. What model device do you have? Is the Message+ App up to date? Are you getting an error within the app when it closes?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fiskwill

Sorry for this inconvenience. It's important to us that we work towards a resolution for this issue. Did you power your device off/on since updating the software for your device and updating the software for your applications? 

Lasina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fetz4
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone doing the exact same thing.  Started after an update several days ago.  Customer support needs to read these posts:

-Restarting does not fix

-Reinstalling the Message+ app does not fix

-Updating the message+ app does not fix

- Does not matter when, where, how, or what type of attachment.  Happening in every circumstance

App literally crashes immediately when trying to select attach for anything to a message

tdski
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Same model phone. Possibly started with the latest Android update? 

AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've gone ahead and called out @VerizonSupport on Twitter for not seeming to think this is important. You all should do the same.

0 Likes
notla
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone doing the exact same thing.  Started after an update several days ago.

-Restarting does not fix

-Reinstalling the Message+ app does not fix

-Updating the message+ app does not fix

- Does not matter when, where, how, or what type of attachment.  Happening in every circumstance

App literally crashes immediately when trying to select attach for anything to a message work around is to go into your photos and share. This is rediculous. Probably instituted on purpose as the v20 is now two years old

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AARTUR48,

That's certainly too long to deal with this. I can assure you that we know this is important and we're dedicated to solving these concerns. I know you need to be able to fully utilize all functions of your phone. 

Please place the phone in safe mode. http://spr.ly/6588DCF0k Once you have done so test any of these apps you can still access and see if the same thing happens. Please keep us updated on the results.

Andrew_VZW

0 Likes
AARTUR48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ appears to function normally when in safe mode. Most of the other apps that are affected by this problem aren't available in safe mode.

0 Likes