Re: Verizon Messages app missing messages
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem of mismatches between the Message+ app on the Android phone, the Windows 10 desktop, and the Verizon website persists. Numerous threads covering this problem go back 5 years and it is still not resolved. All I see are delaying tactics and long periods of no activity in the threads. It is obviously squarely on Verizon's shoulders to resolve and they refuse to do anything. What are our options?

0 Likes
Randerson101011

Hello All,

I am specificly trying to get a code from Google voice to move a number off verizon.  I can message back and forth between google fi and Verizon Messages online, however, when i send the code to verify the number, it does not show up on the Verizon messages.  I do not care about Verizon anymore. I've paid them enough money for a lifetime of service. Reminds me of long distance charges from the early 90's.  Anyway, definatly an issue with Verizon trying to protect something.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issue you are having Randerson101011. We certainly want to assist in any way that we can. We can certainly take a closer look. I have sent you a Private Message so that we may continue.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issue you are having Randerson101011. We certainly want to assist in any way that we can. We are happy to contact you directly so we can access your account. Please reply with a good can be reached number. Thanks in advance.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Rosanne,

I started this particular thread in January 2017.  Since then, unfortunately, instead of improving, things have slowly gotten worse.  Over the past 2+ years the app continued to miss messages...with some showing up on my phone but not on the PC app or the iPad app.  There never did seem to be a fix that worked.  

Recently (about a month ago now) things got even worse...the PC app simply stopped working altogether.  When I called in to Verizon I was simply told that Verizon Messages+ no longer is supported on Windows 10.  So that meant the only way to text other than to use a smartphone is to login to Verizon Messages in a browser window and text that way.  However, now even that is not completely working.  As an example, today, the browser-based messaging service is receiving messages, but will not send them.

Surely by now this problem with the PC app missing messages, and now the PC app no longer working with Windows 10 (when it used to work almost fine a month ago), and now problems even with the browser-based version....surely workers at Verizon support who use the same services must also be experiencing these problems.  Can we at least get someone at Verizon to acknowledge that there is a problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

-ryan

0 Likes
axplore2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, continues to be a problem.  I work in an office with no cell service so I use the online Verizon text message capabiliity on their website using Chrome browser.  Works fair for "real" numbers but one thing I can't figure out how to get working is many websites I go to require 2 factor authentication meaning that they use passwords and a code sent to my cell phone via text message. Well those text messages do not come across on the verizon online text message webpage. If i'm in an area where my phone get's a signal everything works fine.  Very annoying in today's technologically advanced world!  

Also, all my texts sent via the online Verison text message webpage do not show up on my phone later on. Only the other person's responses show up.

You would think that after 2 years on this thread Verizon would have at least admitted there is a problem.  All I see are responses saying "we certainly want to help you" but nothing get's fixed. Or they blame it all on iMessage, even for us Android users!

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I think text messages for authentication purposes are intentionally sent to the primary device ONLY for a Verizon number.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes