Re: Verizon Messages app missing messages
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply Joshua. 

I am currently in the USA.  The problem is that messages are received by my phone...but sometimes those same messages are not shown on the Verizon Messages or Message+ service.  The problem can't be with my phone...as all messages are shown there.  The problem is with the Verizon Messages/Message+ service when viewed on my laptop or ipad. 

As I've previously mentioned, the only time this is a true problem is when I am traveling outside of cell service (not just roaming...I mean truly outside of cell service...where there is simply no signal whatsoever...so my phone can't receive any signals from any cell tower anywhere...for more than a few days)...in those situations, I am only able to check my messages using my laptop (not allowed to connect my phone via wifi due to internet security protocols where I work).  Sometimes people who send me text messages sometimes report that they have sent me messages but never heard back.  This is b/c the Messages/Messages+ service does not display them for some reason.  The person sending the message doesn't know that I didn't receive the message, and I don't know that the sender tried to message me.

Sometimes when I am in cell service (like now), I am actually able to witness the problem in real time..as a message is received by my phone but not shown on the Messages or Message+ app when I look on my laptop.  I have screenshots that I am happy to share with you if it will help to demonstrate/prove that there is a flaw in the current system.

Thanks for any suggestions or other thoughts about ways to fix this...but I can assure you the problem is not with my phone.

Cheers...

-ryan

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Get over it. Verizon does not have coverage there, and internet coverage is also affected. Tell people to email you instead. You are beating a dead horse since January. Let it go.

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi pherson,

I'm simply trying to get a resolution to an issue with a Verizon service.  Internet access and cellular service are two different things.   I understand that you may not have a similar issue...you don't need to keep reading this thread then.  You are correct, there is not cell service where I work. This is the main reason why I would like the Verizon message service to work reliably online.  The internet service where I work is not affected by the lack of cell service.

The reason I switched to Verizon was specifically for the possibility of using the messaging service when cell service is not available.  If you read some of the other replies, you will see that other users are experiencing the same issue that I am.  It's great that you do not, I wish my experience with Verizon was as positive as yours.  Thanks.

-ryan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you be able to rely on the service we offer and I apologize you have been dealing with this for so long! Have you seen any pattern in the type of messages being missed for instance are they longer than 180 characters or do they contain emojis? Does it seem this occurs with users of a certain carrier or that have a certain type of device? I would suggest Unsubscribing the "Integrated Messaging" feature via Message+>Menu>Settings then subscribe once more.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi YaleK,

Thanks for the message and suggestion.  Of the messages I know I've missed, there doesn't seem to be a pattern...iphone/android...MMS/SMS...I can't say there is any consistency  to it.  If it would help for you to see screenshots of what I'm talking about, just tell me what email address to send them to, as opposed to posting them here.  I can share screenshots of the same message thread as displayed on my phone, laptop, and ipad...with certain messages missing from 2 of the 3. 

I did just try your suggestion of unsubscribing the "integrated messaging" feature in the message+ app...but when I go to settings I don't see such an option.  However, I did go to the "disconnect device" tab, and disconnected my laptop...and then reconnected.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again for the efforts.

-ryan

0 Likes
thehunmonkgroup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just reporting back that I never heard anything about my ticket submission that I detailed in my post of

As of this morning, the problem persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay as you always deserve efficient and helpful support. I have sent you a Direct Message so that we can review the details of the prior investigation.

YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TopGun2000

I'm still having the exact same problem till now. Messenger+ on iPad would miss msgs randomly. Good concept but really poor quality App.

The developers working on the Messenger+ App should learn something from Google Voice/Hangouts App developers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see this resolved once and for all. Have you tried removing the connected device from the Message+ app on your Smartphone and re-adding it? Does it appear there is any apttern in the messages that you have not received over the past several months?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
TopGun2000

First the app doesn’t seem to be able to receive free vzw msgs like those with an account login verification code.

Secondly If I start message+ app manually, or power cycle my ipad quickly after I start the app, it most likely will receive msgs from other users

If I turns off my iPad overnight, the app will have difficulty receiving msgs next day unless I starts it manually.

This issue occurs more often over cellular data connection than over wifi connection.

0 Likes