Re: Verizon Messages app missing messages
leroybrock
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand why I'm seeing this same issue posted, sometimes years back, without any kind of actual answer.

All messages appear in the Verizon Message+ app on the phone.

Some messages, such as the one I received from Verizon stating that my bill is available to view, do not appear in the web app or Message+ app on the pc.

Why? What is happening? Why is this not reliable and how does it get fixed?

rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion...however, as mentioned previously, I am in a location where there is no cell service of any kind.  There is no local company to forward to.  I am in Antarctica from Oct - Feb each year, and there is simply no cell service here.  I can't use Whatsapp b/c there is no wifi to connect a smartphone to. 

The solution has to come from Verizon.  Someone at Verizon must first acknowledge the problem, and then take some sort of action to fix it.  Prior to leaving cell service in New Zealand, I sent in screenshots which show missing messages on the app compared to my phone...but no one at Verizon will acknowledge the issue. 

I am somewhat relieved to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue, but it would really be appreciated if someone from Verizon customer support could offer some assistance.  I got a reply from Verizon 4 weeks ago asking for more info, which I provided...but I have heard nothing since. 

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes Leroy, I have the same issue, and am hoping someone from Verizon will look into it.  I got a reply and sent in more info 4 weeks ago, but have heard nothing since. 

Maybe if we keep bringing the issue up, then eventually someone from Verizon will acknowledge that there is significant flaw in the Messages app. 

-ryan

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The solution does not come from Verizon. Verizon is a US based carrier, and Antartica is not covered.

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi...the reason I use the Messages app is because there is no cell service coverage in Antarctica...if there was coverage here, then the issue of missing messages in the app wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Whether or not Verizon has coverage isn't the issue.  The issue is that the Verizon app misses messages. No one other than Verizon can fix the problem.  The solution can only come from Verizon. 

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It doesn't matter the app. Verizon service is not available there. Even if you using a computer with internet it's a US based app.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Call Verizon and ask them to troubleshoot instead of being on this peer to peer forum. You'll be told the same thing.

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do appreciate your suggestions, however....it is possible that I'm not explaining the situation completely clearly...I'll try again.  The problem is not the lack of cell service here.  The problem is that the app (whether accessed via online browser or via installed app on my laptop) receives most messages that are sent, but occasionally misses some.

Regardless of cell service coverage, the internet-based Messages app should work all over the planet, anywhere there is internet access...including here in Antarctica.  One of major benefits of the Messages app is that it enables text messaging independent of cell phone coverage.  However, it is a major flaw if the app can't be trusted to receive all the messages. 

I have called Verizon and discussed the issue and was directed to this site.   When I posted the original question, I got a reply from Verizon Customer Care 4 weeks ago...but have not heard back since.  

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I understood you loud and clear. It's like you wanting a US based website to work perfectly there and it's not going to. Simple as that. I order shaving soaps and there are several non US based sites that don't always play nice. Deal with it. And that's probably why you haven't heard back. There is nothing to be done.

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Pherson,

I'll explain more.  The problem occurs in the US as well.  My initial screenshots that I sent in to Verizon were of messages both sent and received in the USA.  The problem has nothing to do with banned sites, or sites that only work in certain countries.   For what it is worth, our telephone/internet connection is a satellite based connection that routes through the USA.  When I pick up the telephone here, I am actually on a Denver line.

That others are having the same issue demonstrates that there is a problem with the Messages service not functioning correctly. It is less of a true problem in locations with cell service, because those of us experiencing the issue can reference our phones to see any messages that were missed by the app.

I appreciate your willingness to discuss all this with me, but I also understand that you are unable to offer fixes to the problem.  I will continue to press Verizon for a fix.  However, the first step to fixing any problem is acknowledging that there is one.  Thanks.

-ryan

0 Likes