Verizon Messages app missing messages
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there.  I switched to Verizon last summer, and also started using the Messages app.  I noticed that every few days I would receive a message on my phone that would not show up in the app (I'm not using an iPhone, so it isn't an iMessage issue).  It was annoying, but acceptable b/c I could at least see the missing messages on my phone.

However, now I am working in a location that has no cell service of any kind...but we do have internet access, so I am able to use the app to receive messages on my laptop.  This is great, except for the fact that now I can't see the messages that the Messages app misses.  I have searched online and seen that others also have mentioned problems with the app missing messages, but no real solutions.

Can anyone from Verizon offer any suggestions of what steps may be taken to address this problem?  Thanks in advance.  If I can't find a way to ensure the messages are going to be reliably delivered to the app, then a switch in carriers will have to happen before my next deployment. 

-ryan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages app missing messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. It certainly sounds like an interesting situation you have going on. The messages that are not coming through, are they picture messages, group messages, or Multimedia messages?

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Nicole, thanks for the reply.  I believe the messages I'm missing are regular text messages from singular people, however I do know that I have missed group messages in the past as well.  Of course, since October I have had no cell service, so the only way I know I've missed a message on the app is when the sender mentions it in following messages...or if I ask a question, and then get no answer...and then I ask again...and the other person tells me that they replied previously. 

I do have some screenshots from September (just before I left cell phone coverage) from both my phone and my laptop that do prove the app is missing messages, and I can forward to you if you'd like to see...just let me know.  Would you like me to post here, or should I email the screenshots to an email address?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions to help fix this.

-ryan

0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also missing messages in the Verizon Message app.  In my case, messages originate from a Google Voice number.  I receive them in my native iPhone app, but not in the Verizon Messages app (on phone or computer).  After I reply to the initial message when I reply via the native iPhone app, or Verizon Messages app, I then receive replies in Verizon Message app.

This is a major problem, as I cannot rely on the Verizon Message app.  Only the native iPhone Message app receives all incoming text messages.

What is the process for opening an online support ticket?  I have screenshots of both Verizon Message App and native iPhone app to display issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Missing text messages is definitely not cool, Cellphone70. Verizon Messages is designed to integrate all of your messages in one place. Let's work together resolve this concern. Just to confirm, are you sending and receiving text messages or iMessage on your iPhone? Were youy ever able to receive all of your messages in Verizon Messages? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rskorecki
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

When I'm in a location that has cellphone service, I use my Samsung S7.

I have noticed that certain messages are missing from the app ever since

I started using it (about 6 months ago). I will attach a couple

screenshots below so you can see that the app is indeed missing

messages. As I mentioned previously, the big problem is that since

October I have been working in Antarctica where there is no cell service

or wifi, so I can't use my phone...I must rely on the app on my laptop

to send/receive messages. This means that I don't know exactly how

many messages the app is missing, b/c I can't cross-check with my

phone. The only way I know I've missed a message is it the sender

mentions it in a later message that I actually do receive on the app.

Thanks for any suggestions to remedy this.

0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

Text messages. iMessage is disabled.

I am not receiving messages from a Google Voice text message in Verizon message app (on Verizon Messages iPhone app or on Windows 10 app). I CAN receive message in native iPhone text message app.

This happened again today.  I can provide additional screenshots if necessary.  I can also reproduce the issue with techs watching if necessary. What is the process to open a case to have techs investigate the issue?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Calling customer service will do the trick quite nicely. Just don't call from the phone in question.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

My recommendation is to call customer service and request th international support team but Antarctica doesn't have or has spotty service. In that case all bets are off and they have the right to end your service ussge is of a certain length of time roaming. You can search the service rates or length of time on their website.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

I'd honestly depending on your length of time there is to forward your Verizon cell number to a local company or buy a local sim to use. You could still get calls but it won't be through Verizon's tower. You could also get a local sim and then use an app like WhatsApp or google voice where you can use the internet. That would be your best options.

0 Likes