Verizon Messages (Windows 10) - Painful Delay When Sending Messages
LeScooterBug
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been an ongoing issue for months now. I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this, but when sending SMS or MMS messages through the Verizon Messages app on Windows 10 (the UWP app), they usually take up to 30 seconds to actually send (or not at all if I alt+tab to a different window after hitting send).

I use this app so I don't have to pick up my phone at work, but babysitting the app for 30 seconds every time I reply defeats that purpose. Is there a way to fix this? If not, is there an update in the pipeline that will?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messages (Windows 10) - Painful Delay When Sending Messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I just tested the Message+ app on my Windows 10 desktop and the message was delivered within seconds.  I am on my home Comcast internet services and not on a company protected network.  Is it possible your company network administrators have things in place on desktop/router/firewall that might be slowing down Message+'s communication?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeScooterBug, we are sorry to hear that you are seeing a slowdown in your messages. As we have not seen any reports of this issue, even from the desktop version, let's take a closer look at your experience. When did this begin? Do you recall any updates to your computer systems recently? When attempting to use the desktop app from another device are you still experiencing that delay? LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LeScooterBug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe this first began in the beginning of November. My brother (who has a line on my account) was the first to experience the issue in the Windows 10 app when a message he sent to me sent off a week late.

He didn't set a delivery schedule. It was only sent when he re-opened the in Windows 10 app a week after he last used it and clicked on our conversation window. During that week, we had no issue texting each other using our phones or other devices (e.g., Android tablets [Wi-Fi only]).

I didn't think of it, but it's possible the issue could have started after the Fall Creators update. I started noticing the delay sometime in the middle of November, myself; however, I moved to a new PC in December which experiences the same delay in the Windows 10 app.

The odd this is that I don't experience a delay in Group MMS chats. It only occurs when sending an SMS or MMS to a single person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeScooter,

We appreciate the detail. Do these delays happen with all numbers or just certain numbers? Have you had any speed issues with your computer with other programs?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LeScooterBug
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry for the delay.

I did some testing, and I was able to determine that I encounter this issue for recipient numbers that don't use the Verizon Message+ app (both Verizon & non-Verizon customers).

I just thought of this (didn't test it yet), but I'm wondering if it has something to do with either the Typing Notification or the enhanced chat features (listed under Advanced Settings).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeScooterBug,

I appreciate the update indeed. We certainly want to find a resolution to this issue for you. Have you been able to test your theory with the typing notification? 

CandiceH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes