Verizon Messages Plus App
CURTNDI65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would like to use Verizon Messages Plus App on my tablet. Am unable to scan the QR code provided by Verizon to the tablet. The tablet scan bar moves up/down but does not read QR code. For laptop, recd a letter/digit code from Verizon and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Messages Plus App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, we want you to be able to use our Verizon Messages aplication on your tablet, to verify the details, what make and model is your tablet? Does it give you an option to enter a code instead of sanning the QR code?

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, CURTNDI65!

We know how important it is to be able to use your device when you need to and how you want to. Let's get you the text messages that you need to receive. Is your tablet/applications all fully up to date?

FranklinM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CURTNDI65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, tablet apps up to date. No, did not receive option to enter

digit-letter code. Thanks.

CURTNDI65
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a Kindle Fire 10 set to use google play store apps. No option to use other than QR code to activate Verizon Messages+. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CURTNDl65, I appreciate the information you provided. Being able to use the Verizon Messages or the Message+ application on your tablet is convenient, and we certainly want you to be able to use it if it's compatible with your tablet. If "Verizon Messages" or "Message+" is listed in the Google Play Store search results, your device is supported. If one of those isn't listed, the application isn't supported on your device. Does this information help?

-Jacob_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CURTNDI65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ was downloaded from the Google Play Store. Opens fine and a

scan window opens with a bars that traverses up and down. Have opened

the msg containing the QR code on my iphone and held the QR code over

the bar code window. Nothing happens. Is procedure being used correct?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually you need aim the tablet's camera at the QR code for it to register? Are you doing that?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

CURTNDI65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, to no avail. Have even added a scan app to the tablet. It will read

the code but no help in activation. Think I'll give up for now. Message+

works well on cell phone and laptop. Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected is certainly important. We want to ensure we are calibrated fully. Can you please tell us more about the QR code? Are you looking to use this to register the tablet for Verizon messages?

Jaime_VZW

0 Likes