Re: Verizon Message Plus keeps crashing since update
klleav

I've been having the same problems. My messages take forever to send, won't show I've read them, fancy emoji freeze my phone. I've found a fix that doesn't require factory reset and possibly loosing all my info on my phone. Open the settings, find application manager, open message plus app, select force stop. A message will come up asking if you want to replace with original version, select yes. Agree to all the Verizon terms and open the app to make sure your texts are there. The app icon is replaced with a little green guy. From there go to the play store and find the message plus app. Select purchase, it will ask if you want to download of update, select update, it will load and replace the little green man icon with the red message plus sign your used to seeing. Open the app and make sure all your texts are there. I have done this and am not having any more problems.

0 Likes
dbolandjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started to get the same issue, Messenger + crashes if I try to open it.

Samsung Galaxy S8

Hardware Rev1.0

Messenge+ version 6.8.8

To me, its operating about as good as Windows ME.

Will there be a fix for this?  I have submitted feedback multiple times as it keeps crashing for no reason (it crashes when I try to open it....or click on an incoming message...or anything...it does crash like Windows ME used to crash!)

Nvrrong
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too on Pixel 2 XL with Android 9. Message+ was updated yesterday. 

Redman0673
Enthusiast - Level 1

My fiance has the s8 and it is crashing on message+

csiebass
Enthusiast - Level 2

SYSTEM UPDATE and Message+ pushed yesterday.....S10e..... no workie

yamahac3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine just quit working too.  I've cleared cache, memory, even uninstalled and reinstalled it.  

I have a Samsung 9+.  Message+ version 6.8.8

Please help!  I need this for work!!

frankem77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on an S8 and Message plus was working fine earlier today, now it won't even open. If I go to my phone and select a contact, I can message from there. 

CIDNanci
Enthusiast - Level 1

I uninstalled the update and it is working to text and receive.  Voice texting still not working properly.  Don't know how long it keep working though.  But it is working at the moment.

jrzgrl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't even open the app!! It crashes right away

TommyJ1112
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine just started doing this within the last hour (I don't think anything updated on my phone during that time, as far as I can tell).  I've restarted the phone multiple times, cleared the cache and data, and wiped the cache partition. Starting the Message+ service looks promising, and I can see my message history, but as soon as the service fully initializes, the app instantly quits.  "Message+ keeps stopping".  I have submitted feedback multiple times as well.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8 (SM-G950U). 

System Software updated to G95OUSQU6DSG7 on July 27, 2019.

Message+ version 6.8.8

Please help!