Verizon IM and Blackberry Messenger
boogief

Do anyone know if these are compatible.  I have a friend in DC that we keep in touch via Blackberry Messenger.  I want to upgrade to a Samsung Omina.  Will i still be able to contact him thru this or as i suspect be outta luck

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon IM and Blackberry Messenger
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Blackberry Messenger is only available on Blackberry devices and contacts thru BM are only accessible thru Blackberry Messenger. So if you get an Omnia you will not be able to contact anybody using Blackberry Messenger.  
0 Likes
Re: Verizon IM and Blackberry Messenger
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello and welcome!   I did some research on this and found the same question being asked all over the Internet and on other forums.   The bottom line is this is just not possible.    However, there is no reason why you can't communicate via other means.   BB's and Smartphones have lots of alternate options for communicating.   These seem to be good friends and I'm sure you'll find another way to communicate.   There's always third party messaging programs, texting, e-mails and a host of other ways.  

If I see a third party program and some how enables BB Messenger on another device I'll post back.   I run across all kinds of stuff like this all the time.   The good sign here is that lots of people are asking for this capability.   That means it's just a matter of time before some software company finds a way to scratch the itch :smileyhappy:

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes