Verizon Deleted My Texts with NO NOTIFICATION
joejoecc100

In this day and age text messages are the new voicemail.  How would you feel if you left the country, then returned to have Verizon tell you that since you were out of the country (and network) your voicemail messages have been deleted and the caller not even notified.  NOT ACCEPTABLE.  The least you could do is send an international text or some kind of network message or email stating that you have messages that are about to be deleted OR SOME KIND OF NOTIFICATION.  Do you actually need to read all the tiny fine print and know about every situation without my carrier being proactive about trying to avoid data loss???

I pay for a data plan and have the new droid and my carrier failed badly.  You need a much better process when it comes to text message notifications if you plan to advertise that the "Droid Does", because this time it didn't.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Deleted My Texts with NO NOTIFICATION
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

joejoecc100 wrote:

In this day and age text messages are the new voicemail.  How would you feel if you left the country, then returned to have Verizon tell you that since you were out of the country (and network) your voicemail messages have been deleted and the caller not even notified.  NOT ACCEPTABLE.  The least you could do is send an international text or some kind of network message or email stating that you have messages that are about to be deleted OR SOME KIND OF NOTIFICATION.  Do you actually need to read all the tiny fine print and know about every situation without my carrier being proactive about trying to avoid data loss???

I pay for a data plan and have the new droid and my carrier failed badly.  You need a much better process when it comes to text message notifications if you plan to advertise that the "Droid Does", because this time it didn't.

I know for text messages....if your phone is powered off the text message(s) will keep trying to be delivered within a certain amount of hours.I believe it is 72 hours. Anywhere after that the text messages are gone.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Deleted My Texts with NO NOTIFICATION
Dallyman

It is possible to be notified of the voice mail while abroad as long as you have an international dial feature on your account and a world edition phone. The other way to check your messages is to call your own number from another phone and when the voice mail kicks in, press the # key then your password.

world

Ultimately, Verizon Wireless does not currently offer any type of service that will call back the person that left a message to advise the caller that the message had not been heard / it's going to be deleted.  I don't know of any other carrier that offers this service nor do I know of any voice mail system that does.  If you are trying to find a different type of voice mail that does not delete after the 21 days, or has more notification options, may I suggest doing a Google search for "virtual office" and see the more professional options out there.  You can activate your calls to be forwarded to a different email system ... Just a warning though, you may be responsible for the minutes used for people leaving voice mail if you are not on an unlimited plan

0 Likes