V-e-r-y S-l-o-w attaching images to text messages in Message+
RugerDan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using Verizon Message+ on my Galaxy S7 and up until 3 or 4 days ago I was able to search for, preview, and attach images to my text messages in Message+ with no trouble. As of 3 or 4 days ago when I go to attach an image in Message+ this process has slowed to a crawl, and frequently times out. When I click on the thumb-nail image it will pull up the Image Preview screen and sit there and spin for almost 5 minutes. At this point it will either time out or the image will appear. If the image appears I will click on the Attach button and it then takes another 5 minutes at which time the image will sometimes appear and sometimes not. If I click on the blue "attach" symbol I get a message that says, "sorry your image could not be attached".

What is going on? It worked just fine a few days ago. This morning I installed the new system update, but the problem described above persists. I'm on Android ver. 7.0, kernel ver. 3.18.31. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Re: V-e-r-y S-l-o-w attaching images to text messages in Message+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RugerDan Our Message+ application is the best, and I want to make sure that you enjoy it. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been experiencing problems with your Message+ app. Is this happening every time you want to attach a file or when you want to attach a file for specific contact or specific file? Have you made any changes to your phone (besides system update)? Have you tried using a different message application and then send the file? Please share details. We are here to help.
EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
MonicaScho
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem with my Samsung s6.  Any suggestions on how we can correct this problem?  The message plus search feature is awesome and I feel lost without it, LOL.  Please help us correct this, Thanks!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to quickly pull up and send great pictures. Is the Verizon Message+ application updated in the Play Store via Menu>My Apps? I would suggest clearing the cache and data of the Message+ application via Settings>App Manager>Message+>Storage>Clear Cache and/or Clear Data. This will erase saved settings and customization's but will not erase any messages.

YaleK_VZW

bearone21
Legend

the best you'll see from the network is 5-12mbps and can be much slower & why you time-out if the pic/s are large.

0 Likes
J-Dawgs_Realm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Google pixel 2 xl and I am having same problem. Doesn't matter if I am on cellular or wifi... Recently I never had issues on wifi now it's both 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your Message+ application is working smoothly! Have you verified that the app is up to date? Also, does this occur with every photo or at random?

MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes