Using Contacts List to Block Text Messages
tmp585
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any Verizon phone that allows the user to block an incoming text message when the sender is not listed in the phone's Contact List?  I know that the function works for telepone calls, but I am looking for a similar feature for text messaging.  It seems like a rather basic function given that a phone displays the telephone number or the name of the contact that is texting you.  Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: Using Contacts List to Block Text Messages
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

tmp585 wrote:

Is there any Verizon phone that allows the user to block an incoming text message when the sender is not listed in the phone's Contact List?  I know that the function works for telepone calls, but I am looking for a similar feature for text messaging.  It seems like a rather basic function given that a phone displays the telephone number or the name of the contact that is texting you.  Any comments are appreciated.  Thanks.

No I don't think a phones have that option. On my Env2 I have the option to block all incoming & outgoing messages.

If you want to just block incoming text messsages from a certain phone number you can just use the free Spam Controls on your online account. You can block up to 5 numbers for free. The block will last 90 days.

0 Likes
randynevin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Blocking specific phone numbers does not help at all, since spammers can regenerate a new fake phone number at will for each spam message. I need the ability to block all messages from non-contact origins and send them to a spam folder. It seems like this would be a simple function for the programmers to provide, and so very useful to so many users, it's hard to understand why they haven't provided it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes