Upgraded to Android from iOS - but missing messages! Any solutions?
Angela883

Hello,

I've recently upgraded to an HTC One from my old iPhone 4 (gave it back to Verizon).  I unlinked my iPhone4 from my AppleID so that iMessages don't get sent to me any longer, but even with zero record of my iPhone 4, I am missing out on messages from my contacts, especially those with Apple devices.  I get text messages fine from new contacts, but my own sister's texts are not reaching me on group-text.  This is quite frustrating as I may have missed many important notes in the past few months.  Is there any fix around this?

Thank you,

Angela

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Android from iOS - but missing messages! Any solutions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We believe we can help, Angela883! Our goal is to have you receive all of your messages.
Since you no longer have access to the Apple device, there are some steps you can take from a computer to stop the messages from thinking they are still going to an iPhone or Apple device.

Step 1
Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.

Step 2

Step 3
Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example). 

Step 4
Click ‘Unregister’.

Step 5
You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’
– Click ‘Unregister’ again.  

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.

Also if you have an other Apple products (iPod, iPad, Mac) please remove the iMessage from there as well.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Angela883

Hello,

Forgot to clarify in my original post - I did in fact unregister my device from my Apple ID.  I do have a followup question - if I have a work cell that is registered on my Apple ID (with a different number), would that affect the messages being sent to my personal cell, and why?

Thanks,

Angela

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can provide additional clarity Angela883! If there is more than one device registered to an Apple ID this can cause some message confusion. If there is only one device registered you shouldn't experience concerns. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes