Unlimited Texting (+500) seems to be 500 only!
Wheresmycake

I have 4 phones on my plan, my daughters phone has unlimited text plus 500 - yet every text she sends or recieves counts against her 500 out of network texts - even though a majority of them are from the other 3 phones on our plan. Right now it shows that she has used 388 of her 500 out of network texts and the detailed usage clearly shows close to 300 of these are in network and mostly from one of our other phones. I'm getting a little tired of being ripped off with these huge overages on every bill because I'm being charged for text messages that are supposed to be part of the "Unlimited" package. When I had the unlimited package from Sprint it was exactly that - unlimited no matter what carrier; I can't even get Verizon to honor their misnamed version of Unlimited.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Texting (+500) seems to be 500 only!
budone
Legend

Wheresmycake wrote:

I have 4 phones on my plan, my daughters phone has unlimited text plus 500 - yet every text she sends or recieves counts against her 500 out of network texts - even though a majority of them are from the other 3 phones on our plan. Right now it shows that she has used 388 of her 500 out of network texts and the detailed usage clearly shows close to 300 of these are in network and mostly from one of our other phones. I'm getting a little tired of being ripped off with these huge overages on every bill because I'm being charged for text messages that are supposed to be part of the "Unlimited" package. When I had the unlimited package from Sprint it was exactly that - unlimited no matter what carrier; I can't even get Verizon to honor their misnamed version of Unlimited.

If unlimited, why would there be an add'l 500? :smileysurprised: Was the texting plan changed from 500 to unlimited??? If so, maybe they forgot to remove the 500 text plan.

0 Likes
Wheresmycake

Unlimited text for Verizon only includes other Verizon customers, the "plus 500" is for non-verizon customers. Unfortunately Verizon thinks even phones that are on my plan are non-Verizon phones and as a result I'm getting raped with overage fees. Additionally, the sales person I spoke to yesterday assures me that ANY VERIZON PHONE counts as free for the Unlimited texting plan - however I'm finding that ANY text to ANY phone counts as one of the 500 off-network texts and NONE of the texts count as part of the unlimited plan.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Wheresmycake wrote:

Unlimited text for Verizon only includes other Verizon customers, the "plus 500" is for non-verizon customers. Unfortunately Verizon thinks even phones that are on my plan are non-Verizon phones and as a result I'm getting raped with overage fees. Additionally, the sales person I spoke to yesterday assures me that ANY VERIZON PHONE counts as free for the Unlimited texting plan - however I'm finding that ANY text to ANY phone counts as one of the 500 off-network texts and NONE of the texts count as part of the unlimited plan.

I understand now. I am sorry. Print them off and go to Verizon to correct it and make sure they do it in front of you. A switch on the account was not toggled.

Or maybe it is like my calls to my F&F numbers. They seem to hang out in the minute bucket for a few days before they settle where they should.

0 Likes
lalalamesss
Contributor - Level 1

Wheresmycake wrote:

Verizon has an unlimited plan... $20 ANY carrier... feeding the troll.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wheresmycake wrote:

If you are getting overages, and those overages can be shown to be due to M2M texts not being applied to the unlimited side, then you should get a credit for the overages. 

If she has recently added the 500 out of network + M2M unlimited plan, and it was added in the middle of the billing cycle, pro-rating would be in effect and could cause overages....

From this point on,  however, M2M should be unlimited, and if it isn't showing that way, then check with CS to see if the "switch" has been set, as budone said.  If the plan is clearly on her number (check billing to be sure it is applied to her phone) and you are still being charged for the messages, print out the billing detail that shows that and you should get credited.

0 Likes