Tranferring videos from my Lg3 to my laptop
speakinrok

My videos transfer to my laptop with weird file extensions; mostly .3gp.  Why?  And can I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tranferring videos from my Lg3 to my laptop
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try sending the video to your pix place account online.  Then copying and pasting the video to the PC.

Copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar.

http://picture.vzw.com/pub/gallery.do

0 Likes
mcm

I am unable to save my video to my PC.  I have tried uploading it to Pix Place and emailng it to myself.  The email message just states that I should go to Pix Place to view the video.  There don't seem to be any options to download the video on Pix Place.  When I tried copying and pasting as you suggested, it only copied the jpg image of the video. 

I am able to save photos in Pix Place to my PC; why not videos?

0 Likes
Re: Transferring videos from my Lg3 to my laptop
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

When you put your cursor over the image of the video and right-click, you are actually saving only an image. The email also contain the video file attachment to save to your computer. Look for the attachment section of the email, right-click over the attachment icon, and select Save As.  Now go to where you saved the video and open the video. 

**Alternate method, you can send the video to your wireless number, forward the video to your email address, and right-click the video attachment and save as. 

0 Likes
CJREYES666
Contributor - Level 1

speakinrok wrote:

My videos transfer to my laptop with weird file extensions; mostly .3gp.  Why?  And can I fix it?

Actually .3gp is almost a standard on phones nowadays for video files since its provides small storage size, quality is not great but good on small screens. to my knowledge you cannot change the type of file  you can save the vidoes on your phone. One of the things you can do is converting the 3gp files using a video converter such as pavtube or xilisoft but they are not free.

0 Likes