Re: Texting suggestions on Galaxy S7 black on black background
arjb

Verizon Support: The easiest way to reproduce this (on e.g. an S6 or S7 running Nougat) is to use speech to text, instead of typing a message. Tap the microphone button just to the left of the space key, speak a few sentences of nonsense, wait for speech to text conversion to complete, observe that several words or phrases are underlined. Tap any underlined word, and you will get the dark gray background pop-up menu displayed with a bunch of suggested replacement words displayed in black text. Any word you touch changes the gray background to yellow, so you can now actually read the suggested word, however it is right under your finger so not really visible.

0 Likes
hms-pa

If you look at the image at the start of this thread, you will see what we all mean.  Since last upgrade, the word suggestions are black on black.  VERY difficult, if not impossible, to read.  Otherwise, the Verizon texting app is great,but I miss being able to see the texting suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize that with the recent update the font is harder to read. Let's attempt to uninstall the recent Message+ update. Please go to apps>settings>applications>application manager>find Message+>storage>uninstall update. Please let me know if it's still showing a black on black box.

KatrinaN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
arjb

I went into a Verizon store a few weeks ago, and tried using a couple of new Samsung phones (running Android Nougat). I observed the same problem. So I don't think uninstalling the latest Message+ update is going to help address this. You are shipping new phones with the problem - what are those customers supposed to do? You need to issue an update to Message+ that fixes this problem. It's been months and we are still waiting.

If I try your suggestion to help you debug this, what will happen to my texts when I uninstall the latest Message+ update - will I lose any text messages?

0 Likes
arjb

If I try your suggestion to help you debug this, what will happen to my texts when I uninstall the latest Message+ update - will I lose any text messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to lose your messages, arjb. I can say from my own experience, though, that uninstalling the update to Message + will not delete any of your texts.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

arjb,

It's always good to know what to expect. You can always change the default messaging app via your phone settings (Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Messaging app) to switch to the other stock text app on your phone, then open it up to confirm all of your texts. Once that is done, go ahead and reset the Message+ app as suggested, then go right back to the app itself to re-initiate it again, making it your default app again in the process.

As for an update to the application itself, this would be handled by the app developers, contacted via the app's page on the Play Store. They are always open to new suggestions, so that would be the ideal place to go.

RussellM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
corytennant
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this app bug been resolved yet? It would sure be nice not to see black on black text when using spell check.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to see your corrections will definitely be helpful, corytennant. Version 6.5.1 of Messages+ has corrected this issue. Can you please check to ensure your app is up to date by locating it in the Play Store? Once updated, click on Menu, Settings, at the bottom of the screen it will display what version you are running. After you are on 6.5.1, please test your voice to text to confirm this is now working.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes