Texting from US to Canada.
tabbycat93

Hey... I actually live in Canada and use Telus Mobility, but my friend lives in the USA and has Verizon Wireless. I called Verizon and they told me that texting to Canada on Verizon Wireless shouldn't cost my friend any extra as long as she has a texting plan. I know she has a texting plan, although neither of us are sure what it is. I was just wondering... Does anyone know for sure if it will cost her to text from the USA to Canada with Verizon Wireless? I worry about everything and don't want her to get charged...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting from US to Canada.
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

And Texting To or
Receiving From... Charged At Rate Details U.S.

Canada 
Mexico 
Puerto Rico

mobile numbers
Domestic 
Rate
With a Message Bundle (including Unlimited, 
but Mobile to Mobile does not apply): 
Deducts from allowance 

Over the allowance: 
$.10/per Recipient per Msg Sent 
 $.10/Msg Received 

No Bundle / Pay As You Go: 
$.20/per Recipient per Msg Sent 
 $.20/Msg Received

(taken from Shay_J here)

0 Likes
tabbycat93

Erm... Does that mean it will charge my friend to text me when I live in Canada or not? All of this is too confusing, all I really want is a straight, simple, clear cut answer because I don't use Verizon Wireless myself so all this "Taking it from your allowance, domestic rates, etc." is really confusing to me... Please help? I just want to know if it will charge her extra to text to Canada. I know she has some kind of texting plan...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

tabbycat93 wrote:

Erm... Does that mean it will charge my friend to text me when I live in Canada or not? All of this is too confusing, all I really want is a straight, simple, clear cut answer because I don't use Verizon Wireless myself so all this "Taking it from your allowance, domestic rates, etc." is really confusing to me... Please help? I just want to know if it will charge her extra to text to Canada. I know she has some kind of texting plan...

If she has an unlimited texting plan there will be no add'l charges. All other plans include (I  think) either 250, 500, or 5000 messages. So when she texts you or you text her that will reduce the number of texts she has available.

I get confused looking at Verizon's site when it comes to certain things and this is one.

0 Likes