Texting from UK to USA
KarenMarie

Hello,

I recently traveled to the UK from the USA for vacation. I have my HTC Eris with me. I am trying to text my husband who is still in the USA. I have WiFi available and can send/receive emails do not have phone service through it.

When I try to text through the phone, I get an SMS error asking me if I want to try sending when a digital service is found. If I try to text him through the VW website it shows 'Delivery to this destination failed due to invalid address'

Please tell me what I need to be able to do to text my husband on his VW cell phone in the USA from my VW cell phone in the UK.

thank you.

:smileytongue:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting from UK to USA
rcschnoor
Legend

KarenMarie wrote:

Hello,

I recently traveled to the UK from the USA for vacation. I have my HTC Eris with me. I am trying to text my husband who is still in the USA. I have WiFi available and can send/receive emails do not have phone service through it.

When I try to text through the phone, I get an SMS error asking me if I want to try sending when a digital service is found. If I try to text him through the VW website it shows 'Delivery to this destination failed due to invalid address'

Please tell me what I need to be able to do to text my husband on his VW cell phone in the USA from my VW cell phone in the UK.

thank you.

:smileytongue:

Texting is part of the phone service, it does not go through a data connection. Since you do not have phone service, you will not be able to text. Try emailing since that is what you have available.

0 Likes
KarenMarie

Thanks for the speedy reply.- it makes sense to me. But why would I not be able to text him from the VW website? 

Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Typed a wrong digit in the phone number?

0 Likes