Texting Overage Charges with no texting plan
Thejeegal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've looked all over VerizonWireless.com and all over the fine print and my account information and I'm stumped.  I got a text from Verizon saying that I was close to incurring overage charges on my text messaging.  I have the Nationwide Basic 450 plan with no texting plan for .20+ sending/receiving which I'm fine with because I don't text all that much.  My usage says I've sent/received 51 texts for the month and that I'm close to incurring overage charges.  I don't know what these overage charges could possibly be, if they even exist for my plan, or what my monthly allotment is for a non-existent texting plan.

I suspect this message was sent to me in error, but the usage bar on my account page is almost full and there's no fine print about a monthly texting fee past 25 cents/text that I can see, and my account details show no monthly allotment.  If you can, please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting Overage Charges with no texting plan
Thejeegal
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

That's just a general message that's sent. The terminology of "overages" is subjective here. You don't have any "overages" because you don't have an allowance, however your per message cost is higher than paying for a package. With 51 messages used your total right now would be $10.20 and will continue to increase as your cycle continues. However, the lowest text package you can add is only $5 and allows 250 messages.

Adding that package is something you may want to look into if you're using more than 25 messages a month (25 x .20)=$5. Adding the package would help your bill be more consistant if you continue to use messaging at the same rate you are now.

0 Likes
Thejeegal
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey thanks for the help!
0 Likes