Text with a specific phone number in it not getting to me
MATLEM45

I am having an odd problem with one of my Doctors,  where if they send me a text message with their practice phone number in it.  It doesn't get to me.  However if they remove the phone number from the text.  It gets to to me then.  The odd part,  the specific phone number works early in the week,   but by Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon,  that stops working.   However with no phone number,  or the phone number changed even one digit the text gets to me at all times of the week.  This also happens with other verizon patients in the practice.

The text is being delivered via SMTP based approach.   I can see the text getting delivered to the mail server,  but it never shows up at my phone.   The text messages with no phone number or an altered phone number do arrive at my phone.

Thoughts?   Finding texting to be a challenge with this as I want texts as my primary notification reminder of appointments.

Thanks

Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text with a specific phone number in it not getting to me
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they sending via email? Are they using the vtext or vzwpix address?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATLEM45 -

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the text messages that are sent from your doctor's office. I am a busy person, and I rely on the appointment reminder text messages that are sent by my doctor's office and my dentist's office. Don't worry. I am confident that we will get this issue resolved for you. Please provide the make and model of your device? When did the issue begin? Which text message application do you use?

-JacobV_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATLEM45

iPhone X, iMessage.   This reminder from the doctor hasn’t ever worked reliably.   What we are noticing is early in the week the message with the phone number sometimes gets through.  Later in the week it never gets through.  Then following Monday it can get through again.  The doctor can send 2 messages, one with the phone number in it, and one with out.   The one without the number will get through all week.   The one with the number won’t get through.   Very odd.  

0 Likes
MATLEM45

It’s email relay.  Same problem with both text services the mutinedia and texting both have same problem with phone number

0 Likes