Text msg from Computer to Cell phone
tervherd

My husband does not use a cell phone (refuses to).  He needs to be able to text me at times esp when my signal strength wont support a phone call.  He is very computer literate so I'm wondering if he can text from the PC, MAC or Linux box to my cell phone?  Can I sent text to his computer?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text msg from Computer to Cell phone
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  1. He can use the web site called Txt2day. If he uses that site you can receive the text,but he won't be able to receive anything back.
  2. Second way would be to use email. He can send a text email to your phone. You can reply back. If  you reply back it'll go in his email inbox. If he messages you it'll land in your text inbox. He just needs an email account. In the TO spot enter in 10digitnumber@vtext.com (where it says 10digitnumber enter in your 10 digit cell number).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1
  1. He can use the web site called Txt2day. If he uses that site you can receive the text,but he won't be able to receive anything back.
  2. Second way would be to use email. He can send a text email to your phone. You can reply back. If  you reply back it'll go in his email inbox. If he messages you it'll land in your text inbox. He just needs an email account. In the TO spot enter in 10digitnumber@vtext.com (where it says 10digitnumber enter in your 10 digit cell number).
0 Likes
lexus03
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea in the address box just put in his email address.  that's it

0 Likes
tervherd

Thanks will pass it along.  Appreciate the help.  He is a HAM and hates cell phones well all phones.  20+ years of 24/7 call so ringing phones are bad memories.

0 Likes
hisy

I find it very strange that as smart as Verizon is they do NOT offer a service like this.

Is $$$$ is involved, and for Verizen it is the most important, it would be OK to charge

my account like I was making the call from my cell phone. Why make it so hard ?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good afternoon, hisy!

Verizon Wireless does offer a text messaging website, www.vtext.com. He can send messages to your phone for free without even signing in! However, unless he is able to sign in he will not be able to receive text messages. However, if he signs in and click on "Preferences" he can allow to receive your messages.

You can go here to get details on features of our Vtext website!

Have a great day!

0 Likes