Text messaging hit and miss
ELIHEF86

I am having a very annoying problem. It is now hit and miss when i get my text messages. I can send a message and sometimes it's sent right away other times hours later. Receiving text messages is the same way. It does not matter what messaging app I use they all do the same thing. The only thing that works...sometimes is rebooting the phone but that doesn't always work. Or sending messages from my pc, which means I'm tethered to it pretty much. And that gets very tiring and cumbersome. I use a Galaxy Note 8 and it was working perfectly until i had to send in my phone for replacement due to a charging issue and i've had the issue on two replacements because I thought it was a phone issue. I would really like this to be solved, I can't contact clients or hear back from them reliably with this issue going on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging hit and miss
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is your phone connecting to the Verizon data network ok when you’re experiencing the issue?

0 Likes
ELIHEF86

Yes fully connected to network. I've sent a message to father sitting in same room first one went through just fine he replied and it took 20 minutes to receive it and I sent 4 or 5 more messages and he received two. If I reboot the phone I might get the messages other times not 

0 Likes
ChrisCross

Have had this issue for 2.5 years ...ever since I went to Verizon... Mostly between 2 phones on our own account, but finding out clients, CLIENTS, are not getting my messages and vice versa.. Some are verizon, all other cell systems.... both of our phones are Samsung, but I can't believe it's just that issue... it's annoying and now is costing me money...SOMEONE needs to get this fixed ASAP.... I'm going to lose customers because of this!!!  I am tired of spending hours with tech support.. refuse to waste any more of MY time on this matter!!  Anyone have ANY CLUES?????  WHAT THE HECK??

0 Likes
ChrisCross

And rebooting the phone sometimes makes it even worse!!!

0 Likes
MYogurt

I'm having the same problems.  My wife was at the hospital with my son while I was at work and trying to get information.  I cannot talk on the phone at work, so we texted.  Or so we thought.  This happened Saturday and it is now Monday and NONE of the texts have come through.  Verizon is really starting to aggravate their customers to a point that Sprint (or any other carrier) is looking better.

The other issue is when it does not send the text, it keeps trying.  So it is eating up my data because it keeps trying to send for HOURS! So if I go over my data limit due to Verizon's failing servers, will I not get charged extra???  Hahaha....YES!  They do still charge for going over EVEN if it their fault!!

Last time I called and spoke with someone, about 2 weeks ago, they said Verizon was updating their servers to 5G and they were sorry for the inconvenience.  That's all well and good but taking this long and disrupting service to this extent is stupid.

Verizon, you need to address this issue NOW!!

0 Likes