Text messages showing as number@vtext, can't make it stop
lauraplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted this in the Android section but realized that may not be the right place.

Day 1

My phone was messed up earlier today so I was sending text messages to my daughter from the verizon website.  Now that I have my phone sorted out text messages from her show up as hernumber@vtext.com. We are sending text messages hand set to hand set, not using the web anymore. It is so annoying, not only that but it actually duplicates the messages. The body shows up with (message) message. My replies to her show as both my regular contact and vtext.com, alternating not at the same time.  I want it back to normal. Does anyone have any ideas?

Day 2

Ugh, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. This is so irritating. I went through my phone and my daughters, deleted all of our messages to each other, deleted each other as contacts. Cleared the cache in our phones. Re-added each of us as contacts and it is still doing it! So instead of messages from her showing up with her name they show with hernumber@vtext.com and it duplicates the body of the message. If she says 'do you want to go to lunch' it shows up as (do you want to go to lunch) do you want to go to lunch. It is so annoying. This continues to happen even after we start new messages to each other, being sure that we select our mobile numbers. We are not entering the vtext anywhere. Someone help me make it stop!  This is not happening with any other contacts, only her.

Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Text messages showing as number@vtext, can't make it stop
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a shot. 

Delete each other as contacts.  Clear cache (restart phone or pull battery).  Then, send a message to your daughter from your phone using her full 10-digit number ONLY, no contact info.  Have her  send a message to you the same way.  Then create the contact from the message info.

Let me know if this works...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you was sending from the web for a short time the last message from you would be from the web and if she is opening the text app and simply reply to last text it would be to the web messenger..

To fix this just have her open your contact info from the phones contact listing and have her select your phones number to send message to you and then from that point the messages should be directed back to the correct messaging service, when you click from the reply screen it will always go to the last location or number that you received from for that person..

0 Likes
lauraplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks SuzyQ.  I tired most of what you suggested. But I did not try sending her a text using her number only with no contact info. I will try that tonight. I'll let you know if it works. Because it is still messed up.

Thanks!

@Wildman We deleted our message threads and started brand new ones being sure to select our numbers only. It has been so darn frustrating.

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
lauraplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have still had no luck. I guess it isn't a huge deal but it is very annoying!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Laura,

Make sure you have deleted all contact information from BOTH phones, and all messages from each other on BOTH PHONES.  Then restart the phones.  It's important that there are no remaining messages or contact information when you try to start anew.

THEN, send a text to each other using only the manually entered phone number.  If that is successful (it comes from the phone number), then add the phone number and contact information from the message.

It seems it's still seeing the vtext messaging somehow, so it's critical that information is GONE and you are starting totally new with the phone number only.

HTH,

0 Likes
lauraplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did try it as you described below and it still didn't work. The first message shows up as just from the number but as soon as one of us replies it adds the vtext.com to it. I am at a loss.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes