Text messages not delivering to my kids
kapuku
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S10+. My two kids each have a Galaxy A10. We all use Google Messages for texting and have Chat Features/RCS enabled. 

When I text my kids, my messages are stuck in "sent" forever or at a minimum several hours. The status never flips to "delivered" and they never receive the messages. Usually the texts will all deliver in one batch several hours later or the text sending will just fail and they won't receive them.

Texting to all other numbers works just fine for me.

The only thing I can think of is that we use the Verizon Smart Family app. Perhaps that is interfering with the text delivery.

Also, when we are all at home and on wifi, the text messages deliver just fine. It only happens when one of us is on a mobile network.

This is a big problem and a deal breaker if I can't get this to work. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Text messages not delivering to my kids
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to be able to stay in touch with your family, kapuku. You mentioned that you are only running into an issue sending messages to your kids and that you are using Smart Family. Are your kids able to send and receive messages on their own? If so, what messaging app are they using? What kind of restrictions have you set with Smart Family?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
kapuku
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

My kids are also experiencing issues sending texts, in addition to receiving. I tend to text them more frequently than they text me, so our problems are normally with my sending and their receiving.

We all use Google Messages.

Smart Family does not have any restrictions set on Messaging.

Again, I note that the problems usually happen when I am at home (on Wifi) and they are out of the home on Verizon's network. Once they return home and jump onto Wifi, the messages usually are received fairly quickly.

0 Likes
Cindernana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps it's Verizon network.  My messages don't come for hours on wifi or on network which is odd. I've been a customer for 17 years, 10 of those at my current residence with little issues before. Back in the day they used to do something to clear or unclog your texts... this time when I contacted them they had me reset..I hate that...also I didn't have good luck with smart family so I switched to bark...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kapuku-

Thanks for sharing those details. Please test out the Verizon Message app and let me know how that works. Are you having issues with data when this happens (without Wi-Fi)?

-CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to take a look into your network experience. Please, Private Message us with your area ZIP code so that we can take a deeper look. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes