Text Message problem with AIM
forceofslugyuk

Im a previous Alltel customer, and before i was able to easily send and receive text messages that were from AOL AIM friends. Now when i receive text messages from a AIM buddy the text message is coming in from AOLIM.aol.com. And i cannot do a reply to that message. I see that verizon service like Alltels have the ability to receive and reply to text messages. Ive tried to setup AIM forwarding but the confirmation code never comes in from AOL.

I need to know how to restore my service to where i can send IMs to Mobile, and how to be to respond to those. And to find out why i cannot get a confirmation code and why all of a sudden the 265080 from AOL has been replaced by AOLIM.AOL.COM which i cannot respond to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message problem with AIM
cherrybmb_81
I am also a previous Alltel customer and am having the EXACT same problem.  It is the only way I communicate with my boyfriend (who is currently in Iraq) while I am at work.  It is super annoying that all the sudden I cannot respond to his IM's.  Not only can I no longer respond via text message but I cannot have my AOL IM's forwarded to my cell because it never sends the confirmation # I need in order to do that.  I am super frustrated.  If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.
0 Likes
vvillanova
I am also a previous Alltel customer and having a lot of problems with AIM after the switch. I was lucky enough that I could still respond to some friends' IMs because I had their old messages and I could reply to their new messages from the old system. Recently though, I do not even receive any of the IMs and I tried deleting my phone account on AIM and redoing it and now I cannot even receive the confirmation e-mail.
0 Likes
cherrybmb_81
Tried the solution that was emailed to me and now it says my phone cannot be reached when someone tries to text my phone from AIM.  This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!  Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
twinzz2
I have this exact same problem. :smileymad:This is really frustrating because I use this for my job and not I cannot be reached the same as before when I had alltel. Someone, please send me a solution that works!!!
0 Likes
greeneyedncgurl
My daughter and I are having the same issues with our Alltel phones. I sent Verizon an email and was told they would respond within 24 hrs but I have yet to hear from them. I also called and was told it was an AIM problem and I needed to read the "help" page on the AIM website. This is the only way I communicate with my deaf husband when I am working and hes watching our kids and vice versa. I am about to give up on Verizon.

0 Likes
twinzz2
I tried calling CS the other day and after almost 30 mins on hold and going through about 6 people, I finally spoke to a tech support person. The only info they offered was that they shut down the Alltel server that was sending these texts to our phones. they aid I should contact AIM. AIM has no live support. I don't see where this has anything to do with AIM. The company I work for has dozens of Verizon phones and this works fine for them. The only folks that are having this problem are the former Alltel customers. I fell like a 2nd class citizen to verizon. The rep said that those worked because they were verizon phones. I told her mine should work then as I am now a verizon customer as that is who I write a check to each month. She was useless. I did submit an email inquiry yesterday and got a message that I would get a response back in 24 hours. I still haven't gotten anything either.
0 Likes
greeneyedncgurl
I was also told AIM has no live support but then I tried contacting AOL and they told me they dont handle AIM. I had to go to the AIM website and scroll through the help section to see if anything there can answer my question. If AIM is AOL Instand Messenger then why doesnt AOL handle it? Im confused there. But I was never told about the server being shut down. I also feel second class customer to Verizon because of how they are handling this. Could verizon give us a new number under them to where we could register the phone all over again with AIM to see if that works?
0 Likes