Test Messages Disappearing
dw071962

I'm having a problem with my text messages sending. Recently when I type a text message and hit send, I discover that not only does my message not send but it disappears.  Typically when you hit send, it says "sending", then "sent" and then "delivered". If it didn't go thru, it used to tell you there was an error but the message would still be there. I've tried restarting. Verizon just did an update to Messages. And there was recently a phone update and none of those things made a difference.  SO frustrating.  Help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Test Messages Disappearing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw071962, I use texting more than anything so I know how important it is that we get your messages fixed. Do you have any problem with receiving texts? What make/model of phone do you have?
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dw071962

I also use texting (message+) more than any other app.  I have a blackberry priv (I know I know)!  It has been sporadic.  I haven't had any problems receiving text msgs.  Some messages go thru quickly without incident.  Others scroll and scroll and then it just disappears.  I just cleared the data to see if that will help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw071962,

I appreciate the details provided. Thank you for doing some troubleshooting on your own. I am confident we can get your texts to send like they should. Let’s roll up our sleeves a bit to get this resolved. You mentioned that you had a phone update & also updated this message app. Did this start to happen even before the updates? Does the message not send & disappear when texting just one specific person or does it happen when you text anyone?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dw071962

It did it after the android update and before the message+ update.  It hasn't done it since I "cleared the data".  It happened to more than one person.  The exts were a few sentences long each time. My messages seemed to be getting hung up.  I would hit send and then when I went back later it was gone as if I never typed it.  It also wasn't showing up on the messaage+ home page while it was waiting to go thru. Hope that makes sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dw071962,

We certainly want you enjoying your texts to the max on your device. Have you restarted your device since this occured to check and see?

ShirazP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dw071962

I have restarted it several times hoping that would solve the problem.  No luck.

0 Likes
thill107

I am having the same exact issue. It seemed to resolve itself after i sent a text to a different contact though. Restarting my phone did nothing though.

Has anyone found a solution to this? or what would be causing it?

0 Likes