Temp block all text messages
cltigger

How do I temporary block all of my daughters text messages?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Temp block all text messages
budone
Legend

To block a person from texting you, you will have to add a service to your plan. Its $4.99 a month and called Verizon Safeguards.

There is a free option to block A number from sending messages. You can call CS to have one number blocked

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

To block a person from texting you, you will have to add a service to your plan. Its $4.99 a month and called Verizon Safeguards.

There is a free option to block A number from sending messages. You can call CS to have one number blocked

0 Likes
KlineAJ

Turn texting off in your My Verizon its under safeguards

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I disagree with the accepted solution based on what the original poster stated. If you want to block ALL messages from coming thru then you'll need to add a full text block on that line. The Usage Controls can only block specific numbers from texting you or set a threshold on how many texts can be sent/received. Also, the Call & Message blocking available thru MyVerizon Safeguards only blocks specific numbers.

But if you want to block ALL texting all together, in or out, then you'll need to call Customer Service and request to add a text block onto that line.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Not to mention that Usage Controls costs money, and the block is free!
0 Likes
whytegold5

Settngs & Tools, Security, Restrictions, Messages, Block All. You can set the unlock code to whatever you want so your daughter cannot go in & change it. You can go back in & change it to Accept All when you decide to let her get text again. The default block code is the last 4 digits of the phone number. Make sure you change that.

0 Likes