Take Gif with Camera
phatboydw

About a week ago, I noticed when hit the "+" within Messages+ app that the icons had changed. Today I went looking for the take GIF option to record and share something amusing. The only options available appear to be photo and video. Even with the hold shutter option set to create gif, holding the shutter does nothing when entering the camera app via Messages+. Am I missing something obvious?

0 Likes
Re: Take Gif with Camera
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

phatboydw, I love getting a funny GIF from my friends. So, I totally understand wanting to be able to make your own and send them via Message+. Now, when you bring up the option to write a message, there's an icon above the keyboard that's labeled GIF in a small box. What happens when you click on this option?

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@phatboydw wrote:

About a week ago, I noticed when hit the "+" within Messages+ app that the icons had changed. Today I went looking for the take GIF option to record and share something amusing. The only options available appear to be photo and video. Even with the hold shutter option set to create gif, holding the shutter does nothing when entering the camera app via Messages+. Am I missing something obvious?

Might help to identify what make/model device you are talking about.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
phatboydw

I am using the Samsung Note 8. Yes, when i am in messages and select the GIF option I am able to search for and send GIFs from online. That doesn't have an option for making them. Use to be a single camera option that would pull up the camera and allow for pictures, videos, and GIFs. Now there are two separate buttons for photos and videos.Screenshot_20200211-191953_Message+[1].jpgScreenshot_20200211-192113_Message+[1].jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a Samsung S9 user myself I used that feature too, phatboydw. This feature was eliminated in a software update.
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
andyr61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also disappointed that this feature was removed.

What was the reason for it, and is there a workaround that doesn't involve using a different app?

0 Likes