TXT/PIX-FLIX
dk0034
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just reviewed our monthly statement on-line.  My son has the 5000 text plan.  On our bill, he has a more than $100 charge for TXT/PIX-FLIX.  He is allowed 900 and went way over.  What are TXT/PIX-FLIX messages?  Why are they different from other text messages and most importantly, how do I limit the number he receives and/or block them completely?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: TXT/PIX-FLIX
blkberrygirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like he was prorated and only allowed 900 texts, although I would not know for sure unless I saw the bill. Text,pix, and flix are normal texts that are not mobile to mobile.

0 Likes
Re: TXT/PIX-FLIX
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dk0034 wrote:

I just reviewed our monthly statement on-line.  My son has the 5000 text plan.  On our bill, he has a more than $100 charge for TXT/PIX-FLIX.  He is allowed 900 and went way over.  What are TXT/PIX-FLIX messages?  Why are they different from other text messages and most importantly, how do I limit the number he receives and/or block them completely?

Thanks!

These are the messaging plans available.....

$5.00 --- 250 msg total in or out.
$10.00 --- unlimited vzw to vzw and 500 out
$15.00 --- unlimited vzw to vzw and 1500 out
$20.00 --- unlimited vzw to vzw and 5000 out

Text= text messages

Pix-Flix: picture,video,sound messages

Your son does have unlimited messaging just with Verizon customers. Anyone he messages outside of Verizon, he uses his 5000 messages. When messaging verizon customers it'll say IN messaging.  About the limiting here....

What is Usage Controls?

Usage Controls is an easy- to-use service that puts you in control of your child’s cell phone. For only $4.99 per month, Usage Controls enables you to:

• Set allowances for voice and messaging usage. Receive a text alert when the allowance has been met.
  • Restrict voice, messaging, and data services during designated times of day or days of week.
  • Block calls and messages with up to 20 numbers you choose.
  • Block calls to 411 Directory Assistance.
  • Block incoming calls from numbers listed as private, restricted, and unavailable.
  • Create a list of trusted numbers (wireless or landline) that can always communicate with the controlled line regardless of other set restrictions.
  • Customize the settings for each controlled line on your account.

Usage Controls provides you with peace of mind that your child is responsibly using his/her cell phone and reduces the risk of unexpected charges on your wireless account. 

0 Likes