Suddenly unable to receive/ send pic messages
lfernandez
When I try to send a picture message, I receive a screen that says "invalid destination address."  Now when people send me picture messages, I must go to vzwpix.com to view them.  I have never had these problems before.  And I am sending/ receiving to/ from people in verizon network.  I have tried turning off the phone, removing the battery, and then dialing *228 and that whole thing.  That did not work.  I recently changed my plan to unlimited messaging, from 250 messages.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suddenly unable to receive/ send pic messages
poelover123
i've been having the same problem!! by the way what were you talking about when you said you dialed *228?? what does that do?? do you think it would help at all?? 
0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

*228 is an activation number you can call from your cell phone to program your phone with the most current settings with the cell toweres surrounding your cell phone. It is advised to do every other month or so in order to make sure your phone is going off the most up to date roaming information.

Typically with picture messaging issues, however, more t han a simple *228 programming may be requried. I would recommend that is *228, and power cycling your phone do not work, to take it to an in-store tech at a store or call technical support since there's other steps that can be taken in order to determine if it's your phone or something needing to be done in the switch.

0 Likes
xberry

This may be unrelated, but...

I had a Voyager with connectivity problems when receiving pictures and found that it was somehow linked to a GIN email app I had downloaded.  I routinely check for software updates on all my GIN apps and found that one of them fixed this issue.  The email app would constantly 'push' email to my phone, so the data connectivity was always 'on'.  

In any event, checking for software updates is usually a good thing.   :smileywink:

0 Likes
Yakove
Contributor - Level 1

Another issue may that you have the "National Access Block" on the line which totally block all data transfers on the phone. Call customer service to have them check the blocks on the line.

0 Likes
Dalejrfan88
That happened to me once after I recently changed my plan.  I called Customer service they wouldn't help!  I ended up going back to the Corp. store where I bought it.  It turns out that my internet was turned off.  They turned it back on and it was fixed.  Good Luck!
0 Likes