Suddenly can't send pic to facebook
CherylS

I've had texting to Facebook set up on my LG  enV for several months - I've even sent a picture or 2 via text from my phone to Facebook - several weeks ago everytime I would send a picture to FB I would get an error message to try again later

Now a few days ago, I realized I no longer get that error message, but the picture never shows up on FB - I can send pics to Tweetphoto or Twitterpic and they show up but not FB

do you think this is a Verizon or phone issue or FB?  I can't get any help on FB.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suddenly can't send pic to facebook
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

ok, this is simple to troubleshoot by elimination

If you can send and recieve text, send a text to your email and vise versa then there is nothing wrong with your text messaging, it would be facebook.

0 Likes
CherylS

Thanks - so it must be facebook, because all was fine with sending to my email - what's weird is I can text to FB, just the pictures are not going thru

Thanks again for the help

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
NP cell.gif
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I had this same issue when my kids upgraded my phone for me  :smileytongue:  Are you sending the pic to 32665?  That used to work, and I can still send texts to FB with that, but I have to send the pics to mobile@facebook.com  Once I do that, the pics show up just fine.
0 Likes
CherylS
Thanks, yes, I dug around a bit on FB and discovered the same thing! - wonder why they didn't let us know they changed that????  I tried it a bit ago, and I can text a pic by sending it to the designated fb email addy they give you!
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ahhh, so this is a Facebook change, nothing to do with the phones...it must have changed (very coincidentally) at about the same time my kids gave me my new phone.  Interesting....
0 Likes
Dalejrfan88
Wow!  I thought it was my phone lol.  I sent my pics to the email addy that someone posted and I got a text back saying that my pics have been successfully uploaded.  I wonder why they changed it?  I used to text my pics to "32665" as you do any other update.  A few weeks ago I noticed that I could no longer do it that way.  There was always an error.
0 Likes