Strange Text Message Problems
MacDracor

For the last two weeks or so, I have been experiencing a variety of text message problems, mostly to other Verizon customers. The most common is a text not being received by the intended recipient. That sort of thing starts "You're ignoring me!" arguments with girlfriends. This has been getting steadily worse, as far as I can tell. Occasionally, I do not recieve either, but mostly it is ones that I send.

The other two issues are less common, but include texts being delivered late, or mixed up. By mixed up, I mean that at noon, I texted an answer to her question. What she received was 1/2 a text from the night before (that she had not received) and 1/2 the text I had just sent. The topics were unrelated, and she was extremely confused.

As stated, the issue has been getting progressively worse. I now have no way of knowing what texts have been received, in what order, or if they are being scrambled.

This is unacceptable. I need this issue fixed as soon as possible. Suggestions?

iPhone 4, recently upgraded to latest version of iOS and new carrier settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange Text Message Problems
Not applicable

MacDracor,

Hi there! I'm sorry to learn this issue. I know text messaging is important. You mention iOS 5 running. Are these texts in iMessages? Or standard SMS? If this is continuing to be a concern for you, please PM me your information. I want to look into any potential carrier/network problems.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DRWonoski

i've definitely been having these problems all day today. I was sent texts last night and didnt receive them until around 12:20pm today. Then, its been taking about 20-30 minutes to receive responses. At first I thought it was just someone not responding right away so I called them and found out they were responding as soon as they got the text. I also have the iPhone 4s and another friend with it has said she's had the same problems all day.

0 Likes
mags1470

I am also having the same issues.  Text messages are sent - same location - different numbers.  Some are received some not.  Next time - different numbers and same problems.  Getting worse.  Started about a month ago.

0 Likes
Not applicable

MacDracor,

Hi there! I'm sorry to learn this issue. I know text messaging is important. You mention iOS 5 running. Are these texts in iMessages? Or standard SMS? If this is continuing to be a concern for you, please PM me your information. I want to look into any potential carrier/network problems.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shawtie

I started having the same issue back in August and yes it does happen at the most inconvenient time and causes tension between my best freind and  a guy I was dating.  I havent bothered to deal with it but it's becoming extremely irritating!!!!

0 Likes
hs_1877

I am having a similar problem.  I have the iPhone 4S and it is fully updated.  But my friends are telling me that they are receiving text messages from me and they are received hours later than I sent them.  In some cases more than 12 hours later than when I sent it.  I have experienced at times some of my messages being delivered instantly then I send another text message directly after and it is delivered late.  This causes much confusion in my messages when they are out of order and late.  This happens to text messages not iMessages and it happens across various carriers.  Please help?!

0 Likes
TextMachine

I am having the EXACT same problem.  I do not have an iphone.  I have a Galaxy S.  I never had any issues until recently when I switched from a business account to an individual account.  Interestingly, a girlfriend of mine (who has a Droid Bionic through Verizon) and another friend of mine (who also has a different Verizon smartphone) are having the same problems. 

We have tried calling ourselves, calling voicemail, shutting the phone off for various amounts of time, calling Verizon customer support, and a bazillion other "tips" people have offered and NOTHING is working.  It is getting ridiculous!  Why do I have to pay for a plan with unlimited texting if all my texts are sent and received days after they are relevant?!?!

0 Likes