Starting new group text.. group vs MMS option
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now when I start a new group text, after selecting all the people's names I get options to text as a "Group" or as "MMS" (and also an option for replying only to me). I use Messages+ only on my phone so I don't need integrated messaging. I think MMS is what I want, but can anyone explain what Group vs MMS modes mean? The people I am texting are not all Message+/Verizon users.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Starting new group text.. group vs MMS option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure we have set the right expectation for the Verizon messages service, DD8893 and I’m happy to help.  We look forward to you enjoying the group messaging option.

MMS messages are multi media messages and will typically have a picture or video attached. Once the group message is started, you may switch between sending Group MMS and Mass Text by pressing on the names at the top of a conversation thread. I have included details on MMS messaging here http://vz.to/2ob6Iqt Please reach back out to us for any other questions and we will be ready to assist.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ChuckG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

You answer, as is typical for Verizon, does not answer the question.  I don't know who the web designer or manager is, but when people ask a question and you give us a link to go to, it should go directly to the answer being offerred.  Not just a page that requires the person that asked the question to read every line.  It's especially exasperating when you read the page given in the link and the answer to the question asked is NOT there.

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback, and we will use it to improve our processes moving forward, ChuckG2. If you are experiencing similar issues or have the same questions, please start a new thread on this topic, as KH-Michael mentioned.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes