Sounds To Identify Contacts For Texting & Sending Over 160 Characters
mstar27
My previous phone had the ability to assign sounds to my contacts for texting so I knew who was texting me without looking at the phone. I want this feature back, it can be a download. Another thing I want to be able to send more than 160 characters when texting. My friends who have other carriers can send me long text that are broken out into multiple texts. Why can't Verizon give their customers these abilities? If anyone else agrees please contact Verizon & let them know.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sounds To Identify Contacts For Texting & Sending Over 160 Characters
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

star,

You CAN send messages with over 160 characters,...its called a pix message. basically what you do is go to messages, select pix msgs, DONT send a pic, and not in the subject area but the MESSAGE area of the pic message, you can put up to 1000 characters there.

Also, there is a feature that if you have txt messaging capabilities and your phone is capable, you can use what is called 'enhanced messaging services' to be able to send the enhanced messages (up to 1,000 characters) to other verizon wireless customers ONLY.

As far as assigning sound ID for 'special' callers, if I know what kind of phone you have, then I can try to help you to work that feature.  

0 Likes
Re: Sounds To Identify Contacts For Texting & Sending Over 160 Characters
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

There as been a lot of controversy over setting individual text sounds for each contact. VZW did have some phones in the past that did have this feature. As to why VZW did away with it is unknown. Unfortunatly, there is absolutely know way communicating that to VZW at this point in time. If you call 611 to complain, they will say something like ' that feature is not supported '

There needs to be an easier way to tell VZW what YOU want :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes