Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,113 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Second Icon on bottom of emoji keyboard - Causing hangs
SFEINST

I am using Message+.  I'm having a problem when I go to the emojis (by clicking smiley face on text entry line) and I click that second icon next to the smiley face at the bottom.  This icon looks like a tilted curved envelope.  When I normally click this icon, it brings up a row of cartoon characters.  When I click on one of them, it fills the lower part with images.  For example, there is a hotdog character, and then a bunch of images displaying that character.

I'm trying to find out what it is called, so I can ask better questions.

My actual issue is lately, this area is not filling.  I get a bunch of process circles as it attempts to load (I'm guessing).  This chews up battery, gets the phone real hot and basically disables Message+.  I have to exit Message+ or sometimes I have to restart the phone.

Does anyone know what this feature is doing and potentially what the issue is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Second Icon on bottom of emoji keyboard - Causing hangs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SFEINST, we always want to ensure that you're able to enjoy your phone and can message without any issues. Let's work together to get this resolved. From the details that you've described, we understand that your concern is related to the Message+ application. We'd like to ask a few more questions to help us gain a better understanding of what exactly is going on.

Can you please confirm the make/model of your phone? When did you start to experience the processing circles attempting to load? Do you recall any changes made to the phone (apps, software, updates, downloads, etc.) around that time?

Samantha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SFEINST

I am using a Galaxy S7.  This began about 1 week ago (but it that was the first time I tried in a couple of weeks).  I spoke to another Verizon user and they said they see the same issue occasionally on their Galaxy S9.  There were no changes to the phone around this time.

I tried again last night and this time instead of circles, I got nothing happening.  Message+ was frozen.  I waited a while and a screen popped up stating Message+ was not responding, did I want to Wait, Close the App or Report an Issue.  Even with the circles, this popup appears if I wait long enough.

Choosing Wait closes the popup but the popup eventually comes back.  Choosing Close, exits the application.  Choosing Report an Issue didn't seem to be doing anything so I did not proceed with it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the clarification on this, SFEINST. Let's try to reset the messaging application. Please go to settings> apps> click the appropriate Messaging app> click storage> click clear data and clear cache (two separate buttons). This won't delete your messages, but it will reset the app to default, so any customizations that you've made to it (like backgrounds or chat bubble colors) will be set to default. 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SFEINST

I cleared data/cache.  This as mentioned wiped out my customizations (which were just the message tones associated with the chat).  The images appeared immediately.  I am hesitant to mark this as solved, because I tried again this morning.  The images appeared, but there were a couple of seconds of the spinning circles.  This implies it is getting worse again.

Can you tell me what the app is doing when I go to these images.  And also what these images are called so I can at least research on internet more.  But i am concerned it is going to get worse again as it is slowing down.

0 Likes
SFEINST

Clearing data did not solve the problem.  After 2 days, I'm back to very slow/hanging again.  There is a definite issue with Message+ and whatever that icon is for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SFEINST, thanks for reaching back out to us. We'd like to continue troubleshooting. Can you clarify if you've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling the Message+ Application?

0 Likes
SFEINST

Yes I did.  I tried that originally before posting.  Clears up for a day or two and then back to extreme slowness/hanging.

0 Likes