Searching for specific tel number in a long list of test messages.
zoomin

Hi ... I have a teenage daughter who is a fairly heavy texting user ... and there is an issue with one of her friends that I am looking to technology to help me solve... I want to scan her texting for the past 1-2 months in and out and search for one specific telephone number....Other than scrolling through screens and screens and screens etc , is there a way I can just zoom in on a specific telephone number and list all in and out messages to/from that number with the dates and times..again for a limited timeframe ???  Please help. Thx.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Searching for specific tel number in a long list of test messages.
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

The easiest way I can recommend would be to download the data details to an excel spread sheet. Then you can sort by number or just hit Control + F to locate the number you are looking for.

Log in to MyVerizon> Click the MyBill Tab> Click on Bill details in middle of page> Click on Data Details> Select her number from the dropdown list> Click Download to Spreadsheet.

Hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

You can download it into Excel and sort the stuff based on columns.

0 Likes
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

The easiest way I can recommend would be to download the data details to an excel spread sheet. Then you can sort by number or just hit Control + F to locate the number you are looking for.

Log in to MyVerizon> Click the MyBill Tab> Click on Bill details in middle of page> Click on Data Details> Select her number from the dropdown list> Click Download to Spreadsheet.

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Re: Searching for specific tel number in a long list of text messages.
zoomin

Thank u ..but I can only seem to do this with messages for the current month of activity --how do I get to the download option for the previous months of texts??? 

0 Likes
AStormUser
Contributor - Level 2

Following the previous steps, you will see billing statement in the middle of the page with another drop down for dates of your billing cycle. Just select the ones you would like.

0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

1 Go to MyBill from the front page

2 Change the close date from the dropdown box

3 Click the Bill Details tab

4 Click on the Data Details link

5 Click on the Download to Spreadsheet link

Hope this helps.

0 Likes