Scheduled messages aren't working
lisaned10

Hi. Scheduled messages aren't working on my Pixel 2XL in the Verizon Messages app. They save as if it will work, but then does not send. It vanishes from the scheduled outbox at the time it was scheduled to send.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Scheduled messages aren't working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having messages scheduled is a priority. We are here to help. Are non-scheduled messages going through? Is the Verizon Message App up to date? Go to Play Store> Search for Verizon Messages to ensure that it is up to date. Any recent changes made to your device?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lisaned10

App is up to date and regular messages are working without issue.

Thanks!

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019, 7:52 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Has there been any recent changes that you have made? JasonC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lisaned10

Only updating the app.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019, 8:31 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh I see, have you attempted to Uninstall and reinstall the application? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
curtis_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

To piggyback on this thread, for some time I have no longer had the option to schedule an SMS in Message+.  I used this feature a lot in the past...

Galaxy S9. Latest OS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your feedback, curtis_1. I want to make sure can schedule text messages. It is such a nice feature to have. What happens when you follow these steps

To write a message now and schedule it to send later:

1. On the main Conversations screen, tap the Navigation Menu icon in the top-left corner.
  2. Tap Scheduled Messages.
  3. Tap the Pencil icon.
  4. Tap the To field and enter a contact's name or number, and select a contact from the results.
  5. Tap OK.
  6. Enter your message in the Type a message… field.
  7. Tap the Schedule icon (i.e., clock).
  8. Select a date and time to send the message.
  9. Tap Schedule.
  10. Tap OK.

You've successfully scheduled a message.

Note: You can also schedule any message to send later by touching and holding the Send icon and selecting the date and time you want it to send.

http://spr.ly/66001KZ1e

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
curtis_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  In Message+ Conversation page, the upper left menu (3 horizontal lines) only has the following:

Driving Mode
Shared Media
Customize
What's New
Invite Friends
Settings

Also, a long-press of the send arrow does not bring up anything.  It just sends upon release.

0 Likes
curtis_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a Verizon customer, so is this not the place to handle my issue?

0 Likes