Samsung Gusto - can't read full texts!
wilcyn92

Hi, I bought the samsung gusto yesterday and after putting money on it and everything I found that I could not receive full texts! My boyfriend would send me a long text and only about three words or so appear on the phone. There's nothing to scroll of anything. When I received texts about signing up for a My Verizon account, however, the full text came in. Any reason why?

His phone is a blackberry and I recieved his texts great on my blackberry, so I don't think its a problem on his end.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Gusto - can't read full texts!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *228 and choose option 1 to reset the phone to the network.  It won't hurt anything and it may clear things up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this on a pre-paid account?  Was the BB on a pre-paid account also?  Did you port your number from another carrier?

It may just be a delay in fully porting or swapping the devices and will resolve itself in 24-48 hours. 

0 Likes
wilcyn92

This is a prepaid account. No his blackberry is not prepaid.....turns out it did fix on his own after a few hours, no idea why. I actually didnt port a number so thats why I was incredibly confused. But for some reason or other it seems to be working out

0 Likes
wilcyn92

actually, we will have to wait and see because it still appears to be glitchy; I'm getting some but things are still getting cut off

0 Likes
wilcyn92

Ive determined I only get about 50% of what is sent - things are cut off or missing altogether

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *228 and choose option 1 to reset the phone to the network.  It won't hurt anything and it may clear things up.

0 Likes
wilcyn92

resetting did nothing Smiley Sad im confused as to why it is just his blackberry and not mine...

0 Likes
wilcyn92

to clarify, he's not having problems texting other people or my bb, it just seems to be a complication when he tries to text me. Any possible solutions?

0 Likes
wilcyn92

the texts only seem to be allowed to be .1 KB and some are just blank or missing altogether

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there wilcyn92,

Texting is how I mainly communicate with others, so I'd be just as concerned if mine wasn't working correctly.

That is odd that you're not receiving full texts.  Is the problem just with your boyfriend or other users as well?

If you are continuing to have issues, please reach out to our prepaid department at (888) 294-6804.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes