SPAM on my Cell
WishingForMore

I don't send enough text messages every month to warrant paying $10 per month for my 2 phones to have a ton of "free" messages.  Lately one of my phones has been receiving SPAM messages on a daily basis from the same number.  Is there a way to block that number or block all numbers that that start with one or more 0s. 

I realize this is a profit maker for Verizon, so there is no motivation to make the customers life easier here, but honesly this is irritating enough to drive me to another carrier.  I just want to pay for my monthly plan and not have to be bother with this kind of stuff. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SPAM on my Cell
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

WishingForMore wrote:

I realize this is a profit maker for Verizon, so there is no motivation to make the customers life easier here, but honesly this is irritating enough to drive me to another carrier. 

On the contrary, Verizon Wireless offers various ways to block unwanted messages since it is costly for VZW as well operations wise to deliever these spam messages across its network. For you as a customer, as far as SPAM, you may want to make sure all the possible options for blocks regarding e-mail and web address spam is restricted via VZW's text website which is http://www.vtext.com, you can login from th ere and view those preferences.

Otherwise, VZW Customer Service now has the ability to block up to 5 numbers from calling as well as text messaging your specified number. As long as the number is not restricted or  unknown and has a number associated to it, it can be blocked. You would need to contact Customer Service to have this done.

Regards

Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-25-2009 10:28 AM
0 Likes